Chapter 18

Olivia

"Holly." He breathed.

I felt like every single nerve in my body had erupted into flames. Was it anxiety? Jealousy? Both? I don't know, I could barely breath.

"Yes Harry I'll be right there!" Rosalyn took note of the tension immediately, and did well to excuse herself leaving Louis and I standing there alone.

There was no doubt Holly had seen us, she kept glancing over, and I felt like I was going to throw up.

Olivia, calm down, Louis is your boyfriend now, Holly is a thing of the past, don't worry. I tried to convince myself but I knew it wasn't working, I was seconds from a mental breakdown.

My God she was beautiful. She was petite, and she seemed to float instead of walk. "Olivia." Louis voice snapped me out of my inner thoughts. "Huh what?"

I asked turning to look at him. His eyes were full of worry, I wasn't sure what specific worry, but it was definitely there.

"Talk to me." I felt like he was staring into my soul. I honestly found it endearing that he almost always knew when I was bothered, or had something to say.

"We're standing in the same room with someone you used to be in love with." I said my voice shaky. He bit his lip, we were both extremely uncomfortable it was obvious.

"She's so beautiful Louis." I said just loud enough for him to hear. I was staring directly at her now. She emitted grace, poise, and general kindness. "Olivia." He said my name but I couldn't focus.

My eyes never left her, I was entranced by her, and growing more self conscious, and viciously jealous by the second.

"Olivia" he said my name again. I wondered if he was watching her too. She looked over at us, and she smiled. I felt like all the wind was knocked out of my lungs.

"Olivia, listen to me." He was closer to my ear now, I got chills at his proximity. "Louis how could you ever find a way to look at me when—"He turned me abruptly, not letting me finish my sentence, his hands were firmly gripping my shoulders.

"Olivia, in this room is someone, whom I loved very much, that I cared for, that I thought I would spend the rest of my life with, who hurt me."

Somehow this speech was not making me feel better. I looked away shamefully, but he took my chin forcing me to meet his eyes.

"But you know who I'm looking at?" He paused, and I took in how serious he looked right now. "I'm looking at you, not her."

I bit my lip and he raised his eyebrows as if saying I needed to listen to him. "Someone who challenges me and fights with me." He gently stroked my cheek.

"Someone who drives me absolutely crazy, someone who I—"Louis is that you?" My heart leapt into my throat, as I met Holly's smiling face.

"Hello." He said cooly. 

"Wow, you look great!" She gushed and I withheld myself from causing a scene.

"Likewise." He stated awkwardly, and I looked at my feet. "Oh how rude of me." She giggled stretching her hand out to me. "I'm Holly."

Her smile never faltered, and it wasn't fake like mine surely was. "Olivia." I tried to seem convincingly nice but I'm sure I was failing.

"You and Louis, you work together?" She glanced from me back to him, and her eyes lingered longer than I would have wanted.

"We're dating." Louis blurted suddenly, and I was taken aback. Was he trying to make her jealous? Is that why he seemed so uneasy?

Don't overthink Olivia it drives you crazy. She let out a silent "Oh," her smile twitching only for a moment.