Chapter 3

Ari's POV
I woke up, and saw Luke sleeping.
I slowly got up and started to leave, I went to his window and looked down, I leaned over and then started climbing down, I heard Luke say" Ari, what're you doing?" I looked at see Luke awake and next to the window, he grabbed my arms and pulled me back in. He carried me to the bed before closing the window and walking next to me, he sat next to me, he said" what were you doing?" I said" going away." He said" yeah, I know that. But why?" I said" you hate me. You're friends think I'm a freak!" He said" I could never hate you. And my friends were just shocked, they just wanted to know if you were real or not. They like you too." I was crying, I said" no one can like me, I'm a h-horrible!" He said" no, you're not, you're great, you're perfect." I said" my old owners said I was horrible. They're right." Luke said" they're wrong. They lied to you. And I'm your new owner, kitten. I'll protect you." He smiled, kissing my head, I smiled weakly. He said" let's get back to sleep." He laid down, I followed, going into kitten form, I laid on his arm. He attempted to move, he chuckled saying" Ari, move, my arms getting numb." I moved to his side, curling into his side. Falling asleep.
Luke's POV
I wake up and see the time, 11am, I said" oh crap, Ari, kitten, wake up." She was back in human form, she mumbled" 5 more minutes." Cuddling into my side, even more, I said" come on, we don't have 5 minutes.." Then a loud knock came from the door, Ari jumped and scurried behind me, I said" we're outta time. Come on." I stood up, lifting her onto her feet. She rubbed her eyes, I said" go take a bath." She nodded and walked to the bathroom, I said" wait, here." I handed her a pair of jeans. She nodded and walked into the bathroom, closing the door. I walked out of the room and to the door, I answered it and saw Calum, I said" thank god it's you! I thought it was my mum and brothers." Calum said" great, you forgot or didn't get the message since you obviously just woke up." He took my phone from my hands and showed me a text from my mum.
Luke, can you come pick your brothers and I up from the airport.
I said" okay, yeah, uh... Problem, one.." Calum said" you're car isn't going to hold everyone." I said" okay, me, mum, Jack, Ben..
Ari." Calum said" yep! Now where's the little kitten?" I said" taking a shower." He said" I still refuse to think she likes water." I said" we'll see who's right when it rains later today." He nodded, Ari walked out, her tail and ears out. Calum squeaked and walked over to her, petting her ears, she giggled, and purred. Leaning into his touch, I laughed saying" okay, Ari and I have to go pick up my family, Cal, don't make her fall asleep." Ari and Calum whined, I laughed saying" I'm going to get a bath, then we'll leave." Ari nodded, confused, I'll explain. I walked upstairs.
Ari's POV
once Luke was upstairs, Calum carried me to the couch, he fell back, and put me down, I laughed at him, he smiled and continued petting my ears, I purred. Curling up, my tail going back and forth. Calum chuckled, he said" so do you play with kitten toys?" I said" yeah, when I'm in kitten form, of course!" He said" so if I brought a kitten toy, you'd play with it." I nodded, he pulled out a laser, I said" Calum, don't you dare." Then I saw the red dot, I ran to it trying to catch it, but it disappeared, I pouted and looked at Calum, he smiled. I said" Calum!" He said" okay, okay, I'll stop." I walked to him and curled up again, he pet my ears. I purred, then Luke came down, he said" let's go, Kitten." I jumped up and followed him, Calum said" I'll lock it." Luke nodded as we walked out the door, I said" where're we going?" He said" to the airport to pick up my family." I whimpered, he said" it's okay, kitten. You can stay in human or go to kitty, I won't mind." I nodded, we got in the car, it's not my favorite thing but it's okay. After a minute, Luke was dancing in the seat while driving, I giggled at him, he smiled and said" come on, it's awesome!" He started dancing around, I followed his movement, he laughed. I smiled.