Chapter 4

Luke's POV
We got to the airport, Ari was more than nervous. I said" it'll be okay, kitten. You can still form if you want to." She said" but how long are they gonna stay?" I said" 2 weeks." She pouted, I said" we could tell them?" She said" n-no!" I said" okay, we won't. So you can either stay kitten for 2 weeks or stay human for 2 weeks." She said" uh.. H-human, but kitten at night?" I said" that'll work, kitten." She smiled, and hid her ears in the beanie, we really need to get her some clothes! I saw her tail, she fake pouted at me, then tucked her tail in the jeans. We got out and went to go find my family, she saw the crowds and instantly held onto my arm, I smiled and rubbed her back. It's the holiday season, family's are coming or people are going home. I've been living on my own for about 3 months, but lived with Mikey and Ashton and Calum before I moved to the apartment a few buildings away. I see my mum, and older brothers, Jack and Ben. I said" there they are." I pointed to the 3, Ari moved closer, tightening around my arm, I said" I won't be mad at you, if you want to form." She shook her head but I could tell she was terrified. I said" okay. I promise, I won't let anything hurt you." She nodded against my arm, I saw my brothers turn to me and smile, my mum turned around and smiled then they all slightly fell when they saw the 14 year old clinging onto my arm. I said" this is gonna be hard to explain." Ari looked up at me, I smiled at her and kissed her head, we started walking to them. Once we got to them, my mum said" who's this?" She pointed to Ari, causing Ari to hide behind me, peeking from my arm. I said" this is Ari." My mum nodded for me to continue," uh.. I found her, she's an orphan." My mum said" okay, Luke, but why haven't you turned her to the orphanages?" I said" uh. Because I don't want to." Ari looked at me, I gave her a small smile, Jack and Ben hugged me, Ari backed away a little. Scared by every movement my brothers or mum made. I can't believe her previous owners done this to her, she's so innocent. After a minute, we leave going back to the car, My mum said" I'm sitting in the front." Ari was wrapped around my arm, my mum looked directly at Ari, Ari squirmed and cowered back. I mumbled" it's okay, kitten." She looked at me, I smiled. She smiled weakly back at me. We got to the car, Ari went to the backseat, not liking it, unfortunately my brothers made her sit in the middle. Which didn't make anything better. We decided to go eat. Then it started raining, oh god! We got out and had to park farthest away from the restaurant. But Ari wouldn't get out, I said" uh.. You guys can keep going, we'll catch up." They walked off, I said" what's wrong, kitten?" She said" I don't like the rain." I held back my laugh, saying" a lot of people don't like the rain, that's why they invented hoodies and umbrellas, and hats." She pouted saying" no it's not!" I said" it probably isn't, but come on." I held out my hand, she took it and I pulled her out, closing the door, I said" and that's why we run!" I took off holding onto her hand, she followed quickly behind me.
We got to the restaurant and saw my mum and brothers waiting for us. We went in, and got a table.
Ari's POV
I sat next to Luke, he was rubbing my hand under the table, he talked to his family, while I just looked around nervously.
What if someone sees my tail or ears?
What if someone find out about me?
What if I'm taken away from Luke?
Questions that ran through my head. I shouldn't be thinking those things but I am. I'm horrible.
We're home, Michael Calum and Ashton are expose to come over, the house is crowded and I don't like it. I'm in Luke's room, curled on his bed, he's in the living room, talking with his family. I hear Calum scream" we're here!" I giggled, then there was a knock on the door.