Chapter 5

Luke's POV
I was talking to my mum and brothers, Ari was in my room. She doesn't like the house being so crowded, she's used to me, and the boys. The door opened and Calum screamed" We're here!" I laughed and walked up to them, I whispered" go check up on Ari." He nodded and walked to my room.
Calum's POV
I walked to Luke's room, knocking on the door, I said" Ari, I'm coming in." I opened the door, to see her curled up on the bed, cuddling into Luke's pillow. I said" what's wrong?" She mumbled" I-It's c-crowded." I smiled softly and said" hey, it's okay, come on, Luke wants you with him." She reached up making grabby hands, I said" Luke's right, you're a kitten." I lifted her up and carried her downstairs, she's so light. I got to Luke, he smiled at me. I smiled back and put Ari down, fixing her beanie, so her ears weren't showing. She mumbled" I hate beanies, they're itchy." I whispered" want Michael to fix your hair so you won't have to wear a beanie." She nodded eagerly, Michael popped up behind her and said" let's go to the bathroom." She jumped, and turned to Michael, a small pout on her lips, Michael said" sorry." She smiled, they went upstairs, Luke looked at me, I just smiled, Luke and I walked into the kitchen to get drinks, he said" where's Mike and Ari?" I said" knowing Mikey destroying your bathroom, he's fixing Ari's hair up, so she doesn't have to wear a beanie." Luke said" oh god!" He took off upstairs, I chuckled and ran off with him.
We ran into Luke's room and to the bathroom, Luke opened the door to see Ari and Michael trying to spray hairspray. I laughed, Ari and Michael froze and looked at us with innocent smiles. Luke said" Mikey, you always use hairspray." Mike said" well, yeah, but.." He just laughed and quickly fixed her hair so it was covering her ears. She smiled, jumping from the counter and walked to Luke, leaning into him. We turned and saw Ashton and Luke's family, staring at us. I saw Ari's tail out. Liz, Luke's mum, said" what the heck is that?!" Ari jumped and hid behind Luke, holding her tail. Ashton said" sorry." He stood next to me.
Luke's POV
I looked at my mum, she said" Lucas! What is that on that girl?!!" Her voice got louder, only scaring Ari more, I turned my head and looked at Ari, she was silently crying, Calum noticed, and walked to her. I said" uh... Ari, can I?" She nodded, and peeked from my arm,
My mum said" what?" I said" uh..
Ari's a hybrid." She gasped so did my brothers, Ari whimpered, I turned to her saying" it's okay, Ari." She didn't believe me, of course, she just held onto my waist, terrified. I smiled and lifted her up, she dug her head into my neck. My mum said" a hybrid! Luke get away from it! It's dangerous. I said" she's not, I don't know about others but she's not, she's a 14 year old girl with a tail and kitten ears." My mum said" Lucas Robert Hemmings, I love you with all my heart, I don't want you getting hurt." Ari whimpered from my neck, I looked at Ashton, he said" come on, Ari, let's go watch tv, yeah?" He reached over, Ari went into his arms, and he carried her downstairs, Calum and Michael went with them. I said" she's not dangerous, and she'll never be, she's so innocent and scared. She's adorable, I'm keeping her no matter what you say. She's my kitten." My mum said" okay, Luke. You're right, she doesn't look dangerous." I nodded, we went downstairs, I heard Ari's small little growl, I looked to see Calum holding a chip out of her little kitten teeth. I said" Calum, what're you doing?" He said" playing." Ari was in kitten form and on Calum's lap, pouncing to try and reach a chip in his fingers, Ari looked at me with pleading eyes, I said" Calum, give her the chip." Calum shrugged and dropped the chip, Ari grabbed it and jumped off the couch, walking away from Calum, he just laughed.