Chapter 6

Ari's POV
Luke picked me up and carried me to the room, he placed me on the bed, he said" it's bedtime, kitten." I formed back saying" but it's only 9. We don't go to bed yet." He said" tonight we are, tomorrow, we gotta whole day ahead." She pouted and curled up on the bed, I said" tonight, you're getting in pjs." She got up and followed me, I said" here." I handed her some boxers and a shirt. She took them and walked into the bathroom, once she came out, I went in and changed, we walked to the bed and laid down, she laid her head on my arm, I smiled and I heard her soft breathes, she was asleep, I smiled kissing her head. Then I fell asleep.
Ari's POV
Im running, my old owner was chasing me. I cried. As I tripped over my own tail, my old owner, pulled me up by my arm. He started hitting me and kicking me, I screamed and cried..
We were in his house, he chained me to the bed and started punching me again, I cried out, he covered my mouth, and continued..
I woke up, screaming" No! Don't hurt me!" Waking Luke up, he said" hey, hey, it's okay, shh, shh, what's wrong? Kitten, talk to me." I just cried, curling into myself. I shook and shook. Luke said" kitten, Ari. What's wrong?" I breathed heavily, not being able to answer him. Silent tears slipped pass, Luke got up and faced me, he said" hey, hey, it's okay." I said" n-no it's no-not." He said" was it a nightmare?" I nodded, he said" come here." I scooted to him, he wrapped his arms around me, cradling me in his arms. I fell asleep.
Luke's POV
I stayed up a little longer and cradled her. She was so small, I looked and saw the dry tear trails, I frowned, she cuddled into me more. I wrapped my arms tighter around her. I soon fell asleep
I woke up to see Jack looking down at me, I whispered" what're you doing?" He said" mum said its time for you to wake up." I groaned quietly, he just smiled and walked out. I started lightly tapping Ari's side, she whimpered in her sleep, I stopped and said" Kitten, Ari wake up." She opened her eyes and turned to me, mumbling" I don't wanna." I chuckled and got out of bed, she groaned, I said" come on, you lazy kitten." She looked at me, making grabby hands, I said" after a while, I'm not gonna be able to pick you up!" I lifted her into my arms, she smiled, I carried her to the closet, saying" alright, bath time, kitten." She said" no!" I held her and carried her to the closet, I said" you have to get a bath. We're going out." She pouted but nodded, I gave her clothes and she went into the bathroom while I went downstairs. I saw my mum and brothers sitting on the couch watching some show, My mum said" where are we going, Luke?" I said" uh.. I was thinking we could just go out, I need to get Christmas presents for you three, the boys and Ari." She nodded, then I heard Ari yelp loudly and whine, I ran upstairs, I said" Ari?" I saw her on the ground in a large sweater with a small gash on her head, she said" ow.. I'm okay." I said" no you're not, come here." I walked to her and lifted her up, she held onto me. I carried her to the bed and looked at the gash, it was small.