Prologue

Amelie's POV

I shiver, as the cold gel from the ultrasound touches my skin. The doctor recommended Jim and I to come check the baby once I was out of the hospital, and we are doing that now.

Jim sits on a chair by my side, holding my hand tightly, as we stare at the TV in front of us. The doctor moves the machine, not saying a word, and as he looks at the screen with no emotion, no clue...I start getting a little nervous.

I turn to look at Jim, who moves his eyes from the TV to me, and tightens his grip on my hand, turning his knuckles white. I see a spark of urgency in his bright, blue eyes, and then the doctor sighs, turning off the machine. He cleans the gel from my stomach, and throws the papers away.

"Everything okay, doctor?" asks Jim, since I'm to nervous to talk.

The doctor sighs once again, removing his white gloves and throwing them away. "I'm not sure. I'll go check the results, and I'll get back to you. Take a seat on my office, please."

Jim and I nod, and he helps me get down from the bed, walking me towards the office of the doctor.

We don't want to talk, say a word, start building things in our heads...so we just stay there, sitting down, looking at each other.

Jim moves his chair closer to mine, and takes my hand, as he then places a delicate kiss on my cheek. Jim's actions always calm me down a little bit, and he knows that. It's the reason why I always feel better when I'm around him.

"It will be okay," he says, trying his best to calm me down.

I smile a weak smile, and hold his hand tighter, when the doctor walks in the room holding several papers in his hands.

He takes a seat in front of us, and then leans on the desk with his elbows, removing his glasses from his face and looking at us.

"I'm afraid that...I don't have very good news."

Jim looks at me, and I can't talk, since the alarm is eating me all the way from inside.

"Wh-what's wrong?" he stammers nervously.

The doctor makes a pause, as he tries to think about the best way to deliver the bad news.

"I'm sorry Mr. and Mrs. Parsons, but...I'm afraid you've lost your baby."

Colin's POV

The sound of high heels bounces on the walls of the room, as Karen walks through the corridor outside and gets in.

I connect several cables on the machine I'm working on...yes...the machine that will destroy Jim and Amelie's life.

I roll my eyes, as Karen gets closer and closer, and I know she wants to talk, though she knows I hate being interrupted.

"What do you want?" I ask with anger.

I sense how she gets closer and closer to me, until she is only a few steps away.

"Hm, I just came here to give you some good news."

I turn around to her. I love good news, which...are usually bad news for people, good news for me.

I smile an evil smile, as I feel some sort of adrenaline through the air.

"What's the news?" I ask, leaning on the table behind me and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Amelie and Jim lost their baby."

My evil smile fades, turning into a serious and angry expression. This is the worst set of 'good news' this stupid woman has brought to me.

"You call that good news?" I say disappointed and angry. "That is the worst thing that could ever happen. I was the one supposed to kill that child, not nature. It was supposed to be born, raised, and then...shattered by the name of revenge itself."

Karen looks at me, rolling her eyes.

"That was a good idea, but it won't happen now, and they are suffering anyways," she says with her arms crossed.

I bring both of my eyebrows up, as in attention.

"They're suffering...Well, they don't know what awaits them later on, so...the plan could still work."

"Exactly," adds Karen, but then stares at me in stupid confusion. "The problem is that you haven't told me what the plan is."

The evil, mad smile reappears in my face, and I uncross my arms, walking towards her.

"It is a genius plan," I say, stopping in front.

Karen rolls her eyes once again. This woman never stops complaining.

"Yes, you fool! I just want to know what the plan actually IS!"

I throw her an angry look, but then nod once, walking towards the table.

"Come on."

Karen follows my steps and stops beside me, taking a look at the machine I'm building.

"What the heck is this?" she asks confused.

"It's the machine that will destroy Jim's and Amelie's life, and turn it into something that benefits...us...a way in which we can achieve what we've always wanted."

"HA!" she laughs sarcastically. "And how in this world are you planning to do that?"

I stare at her with a serious look, as she is trying to offend me.

"This is a memory eraser."

Karen stops laughing, and looks at me, now serious. "You know that's never been done right?"

I take a deep breath, and then smile in an evil way again. "But there's always a first time, isn't there?"

Karen smiles an evil smile just like me, and we both start laughing madly in harmony.

Jim and Amelie's memories will be erased, just like the ones of their friends and family. Once the machine is done and the red button is pressed, they will fall into a dreamless sleep. When they wake up...they will be living an entirely different life...a life that will benefit Karen...and of course...me.