12. Yet

Jim's POV

I feel a horrible shot of pain in my head, as my eyes meet with a pair of gorgeous, green eyes that sparkle brightly with the rays of the sun. This is the first time in my entire life that I am glad that I felt this pain in my head, because I am most certain that Amelie is somewhere near. I feel an immediate connection with the beautiful woman that's in front of me, and I can't break that connection; I don't even want to break that connection.

I stand back up slowly, her wallet in my hand, and finally look down at the ground, trying my best not to stammer.

"Ummm..." I start, looking back at her. "H-Hi...you dropped this..."

"Hello," she says sweetly. "Yes, thank you very much."

"Oh it's my pleasure," I say with a smile. "Ummm...I am sorry, but...do we know each other from somewhere? I just...you just look so familiar."

"Ohh, yeah. Mr. Parsons, I am Amelie Jones from Célébrité. I was going to interview you about your Emmy some months ago, though...we never met each other, so I don't know why I look familiar," she adds with a tiny giggle. "Maybe it's the voice."

I stare at her with a pair of wide eyes, as I try to control myself and start searching for clues. WHAT?! SHE IS AMELIE?! But why do I feel like I've seen her before?! She's gorgeous indeed, but I definitely would understand if I find her voice familiar, but why do I feel like I've seen her somewhere. This is just confusing, and another question that has been thrown into my brain. "Ohh my goodness! It's a pleasure to finally meet you," I say, shaking her hand.

"Well, it's a pleasure to finally meet you, too, Mr. Parsons," she says, smiling a little shyly.

"Hmmm...if I recall correctly...you should call me Jim."

Amelie laughs, but nods with her head. "Yes, yes. I'm sorry...Jim."

I smile at her, as I concentrate on not falling; the dizziness is too much, and I understand why.

"Thank you again for what you did for me that time," she says.

"Oh no, please don't thank me. Thank you for including me in the magazine. It's an honor to meet an amazing writer like you."

"Oh and it's an honor to meet an amazing actor like you," she says with a shy giggle. "Congratulations on your Emmy, by the way."

"Oh thank you very much," I speak delighted.

As we continue talking, I am looking around for something that could give me a clue...that's when I remember. I look down at her neck in a way in which she doesn't notice, searching for...My heart starts pounding loudly against my chest and—for some strange reason—I feel like I want to cry, as I see the other half of the necklace I found in my wallet hanging gracefully around her neck. For some reason...I miss her, I miss her so much, and I don't understand why. There is like a deep vacancy in my heart right now, like a hole, something I'd never felt before; like if she was indeed a part of my life that is no longer there, and a massive fraction of me wants it back...but what is it?

"......and yeah that happened," she says with a tiny laugh. "Anyways, I should start heading for work. It was very nice talking to you."

"Oh oh," I say, coming back to reality, as I control the lump in my throat. "Yeah. It was very nice talking to you, too." I smile, as she smiles back.

"I hope you have a great day, Mr. Par—Jim," she says, then smiling.

"You, too. I hope to see you around again," I say.