30. Unconditional { Part One }

Amelie's POV

Arriving at full-of-people JFK airport with a teary face and red eyes...not the greatest idea. I am happy indeed that I managed to escape, I was confident and skilled at my way of attacking Colin. But what is haunting me, and making my joy from a success turn to its antonym is the fact that I am ESCAPING–a dangerous word when it involves Colin–and the fact that, even though I injured him, he could still find a way to hurt Jim before I arrive to where I am going and call him. He could find a way...oh more accurately, he always finds a way.

"Good afternoon, miss," says the woman from the United Airlines check in area. "How can I help you?"

I smile at her, and place my bag on top of the counter. "Good afternoon," I reply sweetly. "May I purchase a ticket on your next flight to Paris, please."

Her sight shifts from my eyes to the bright screen of the computer in front of her, and her fingers quickly type something on the keyboard. 

"Sure thing," she continues. "The next flight is in two hours. Is that okay?"

"It's perfect," I state nodding, and feeling relief rushing through my limbs. Can't wait to finally pass security to be completely safe that Colin won't come dashing behind me. The worry not really being if he hurts me, but mostly if he attempts or manages to hurt my child.

The woman, who's name I read is Karen–ironically–keeps typing things on the computer as I just stare. "Okaaayy," she speaks, eventually raising her eyes to meet mine and with a smile on her face. "May I have your passport?" Digging into my bag, I hand it to her. "Any luggage?"

"Yes. One," I answer, and very cautiously carry the suitcase on the balance where it should be weighed to check it is within the weight limits.

"Perfect," states Karen. "Here is your passport, your ticket, and I'll be sending your luggage to the airplane now. "Have a great flight."

"Thank you very much," I state. "Good day."

I take my bag from the counter and place my passport and plane ticket inside it, finally proceeding to pass security, and feel half safe for once.

Jim's POV

"I don't believe you," I state with complete rage, as I hold Colin tightly against the wall. "What type of ridiculousness are you trying to make up, huh?! TELL ME WHERE THE HECK SHE IS!"

Colin rolls his eyes annoyingly and brings his sight to the ceiling. "Ugh! I told you already, Parsons!" he starts with irritation. "She fled with another man to only God knows where. Guess she was too sick of being with me, though also too sick of waiting for you. She simply decided to cheat on us both, and well...eventually she got pregnant."

I press my lips on a tight line, take a deep breath, and close my eyes to control my impulses of simply choking this man to death. "Still don't believe you."

"Alright! Don't believe me. But then don't say I didn't warn you when you find her...even though I don't think it is worth looking for her anymore, Parsons. Why search for her to note her in the arms of some other–"

"STOP IT!" I raise the volume of my voice. "I don't believe all the shit you're saying! If she was pregnant she would've called me already! Plus I am VERY SURE she would never do something like that. So why don't you just save your words before I kill you right here!"

"HA!" laughs Colin sarcastically. "I would love to see you try. I don't think you would be able to kill me even if I told you right here right now everything that happened between us when you were gone."