33. All Can't Be Miserable

Jim's POV

I see Amelie's eyes opening gently as the sun's rays interrupt the gloom of the room. My index finger gracefully runs through the straight line of her spine, caressing the bare skin of her back. For once and finally, I can wake up next to the woman I love with all my heart. It is one sort of relief that in reality has no definition, I feel complete and without the need of anything else.

"Good morning," she says with a sleepy, soft tone of voice.

"Good morning," I reply, removing a strand of hair from her face. "What a nice way to wake up."

Amelie giggles a little bit, but nods her head slightly in agreement. "Yes indeed. I missed waking up to you how things would usually be."

I smile incessantly, gently caressing her head.

She continues, "Should we go have breakfast? Our typical good, old Nutella crêpes from Trocadero?" Biting her lip, she gives me a sort of flirty look as I chuckle and nod my head.

"Yes," I state, full of honest enthusiasm. "Lets go."

I see Amelie rolling on the bed, getting out of the covers and putting her navy blue, silk sleeping robe on. Not much after she ties the knot, I roll over the bed. But as I sit up, I immediately notice that something with me is not right. It is my stomach feeling way worse than it did yesterday. And the problem is that now I hardly doubt it is the effect something bad I ate two days ago, this is feeling much much worse.

"Jim?" asks Amelie, approaching me and talking in a doubtful tone of voice at my sudden lack of movement. "Are you okay?"

As she looks into my eyes, I shake myself back from my brain to my wife standing in front of me, and smile. "I'm fine, sweetheart," I lie. "You go change."

She nods twice at the sight of my smile, and caressing my shoulder walks away after a gentle stroke on my cheek.

Yes, I lied. I figure there's no need to worry Amelie after everything she's been through these couple of months. She doesn't need any more negative events occurring in her life, and so well...I believe this shouldn't really be anything very dangerous, maybe horrifyingly weakening and painful but nothing entirely risky. It can wait until we get home and I can manage to attend the doctor without worrying my wife. At the end of the day, it's just my stomach, right?

Carefully pushing myself up from the bed to my feet, I place a hand gently on my core as I feel it drop, and manage to walk normally towards the drawers from where I choose black pants, a blue-buttoned shirt, and a sweater. 

A few minutes later, Amelie walks out the bathroom done and ready to leave—a smile implanted on her face—and I smile at her as she approaches me and wraps her arms around my waist, resting her head on my chest. 

"Should we leave?" she asks with a warm voice.

I mildly take a strand of hair from her face and place it behind her ear, leaning forward and kissing her nose as she looks up to me. "Yes," I state with a hidden painful smile. "Lets go."

Colin's POV

"You have five minutes." The harsh and threatening voice of the strict policeman sounds in my ears as he locks me up on a small, guarded room with a phone.

I am finally receiving my right to make a phone call...a phone call that in reality won't be very nice, but a continuation of the plans that I have for this idiotic couple. I am lastly putting a final end to this stupid relationship of Jim and Amelie. I cannot let it happen any longer, even when I know Jim shall die sooner than expected because of the poison taking effect on his body at last. My plan? To kill Amelie now that she's probably being worried and suffering about Jim's unusual symptoms. Then making Jim suffer because of Amelie's death. Perfect way of making them both suffer and then finally disappear from this world forever. And yes—if you are wondering—I still have feelings for Amelie, but I rather have her being dead than alive with another man, especially that stupid and idiotic actor.