8. Curiosity

Mayim's POV

I put the picture of their wedding back on the desk, and see another picture of them when they were only sixteen. How crazy that they've known each other since they were in High School, and now it's like...they don't even know who they are. Well, I know that in their subconscious they do remember each other, and I also know that the reason of Jim's headache and dizziness is because he is seeing, listening, or experiencing things that have to do with Amelie...and I am hoping with all of my strength that this makes his memories come back.

I open the door of their closet, surprised to see that their clothes are still here. I don't understand how Colin managed to have new clothes for them, etc. He must've planned this entire thing very very well, sometimes it's even a little scary to think that he just knows way too much.

I see Amelie's wedding dress hanging, and I walk towards it, taking a deep breath. A part of me would really love to bring Jim here, explain to him everything that happened, have him see all these pictures, but I know that I can't, and it's just frustrating.

I stay there watching, thinking...until there is a noise of the door of the room opening, and I start feeling a little anxious.

"What are you doing here?" speaks an irritating voice I hate...Karen's.

"Hm, I don't think I owe you any explanations about what I'm doing here," I say. "It's non of your business. What are YOU doing here?"

Karen laughs a kind of evil laugh, her eyes focused on the ceiling. "Non of my business? Believe me it's more of my business than yours. Jim is my boyfriend at the end of the day."

"HA! Your boyfriend? Let me remind you that even though Jim doesn't remember, he is married sweetheart. He is not your boyfriend because he fell in love with you like he did with Amelie, he is your boyfriend because that little, life-ruining machine you and Colin invented programed his brain that way. He will never love you like he has loved her because I bet whatever you want that deep inside he still loves her, that's why he feels something when her name is mentioned, when he does or sees something that has to do with her, and I also know that deep inside he knows who you are and he hates you with all of his strength."

"Now, you better watch your words," says Karen between teeth, and taking a step towards me. "You know that I don't like you at all because you have to kiss Jim in television, but you don't want me to hate you even more because I could ruin your life like you could never even get to imagine."

I stay there staring at her. I am not scared of Karen. She thinks she is so strong, and that she will have Jim on her side when it comes to hurting me or hurting...anyone, but the real thing is that I am the only one that knows about Jim's real feelings right know. He always says that he feels like he is with Karen for a reason he doesn't know; that he does love her...but not really, like if their relationship was forced...and it is.

"I'm not scared of you, Karen, so your threats won't work," I say, smiling a little. "You don't even know the real way Jim feels about you."

"Jim loves me," she says, raising her voice a little.

"Yeah, whatever you say. I'll leave now because I have things to do, but...you know what Karen? Just think about this...Everything you and Colin are doing is fake...and horrible. I really don't understand how you can live with the thought that you are not TRULY loved, that you ruined the beautiful relationship that two wonderful people had, as well as their life-long friendship...and our friendship as well because Amelie doesn't remember us either. I just want to open your eyes to all of this. The person that Jim truly loves is Amelie, and you're just the forced, fake love he has. So think about it Karen, but don't just think about it and let it go...Think about it and reflect, analyze. It's your decision. You decide whether you want to leave Jim and Amelie alone and go find true love...or you want to continue living in the forced, fake one."