29. Lies

Amelie's POV

It takes me only an hour and a few to pack one big suitcase with all my clothes and things, specifically the only ones I want to take, not the things bought or gifted by Colin.

Agitated, I proceed to take a shower; dry and fix my hair with the blow dryer; make my everyday makeup; and finally dress with the black leggings, camel-colored Uggs, big knitted sweater that belongs to Jim, and scarf I left outside my luggage. It is barely 12:00pm by the time I'm ready—meaning a perfect timing—and taking a last look at the house I've spent a similar-to-hell life experience for the past nearly year.

The TV is still on from when I was watching in the morning, now the pre-game of the Cowboys @ Packers match that's about to start playing. I smile weakly, and turn it off with a tear of a certain relief rolling down my skin. I can't believe that I'm finally stepping up and escaping while Colin is absent. I must be going insane! But when it comes to keeping Jim and our baby safe, I really don't care what it is that I have to do in order to make it happen. In the meantime though, I should really think about something to get Jim out of L.A. immediately, especially because once Colin realizes I'm not coming back, the first place he'll go look for me is where Jim is, and I can't afford Colin hurting him or Mayim. It's crucial that I come up with what I'll be telling him so that he can meet me wherever I am. Everything should be thought by tomorrow.

I sigh, taking one last look at the plain tv, and take my bag and suitcase as I open the door of the place. The chilly, January weather touches my skin as I take a step out of the house and walk towards the car. I open the door of the trunk, cautiously placing the luggage in it without making that much effort, and finally close it to walk towards the driver's seat. I march slowly as I try to fight my dizzy head, but it isn't until I feel someone violently grab my arm from behind that I really start getting alarmed.

"Where the heck do you think you're going?!"

Total fear and desperation drown me as I listen to Colin's voice horribly and loudly bouncing in my ears. He drags me towards the house, not really minding the way he is physically hurting my body, and aggressively pushes me and throws me to the ground, immediately slamming and closing the door.

I can't help but start sobbing in worry, not for me, but for Jim's and my child. Here he is, the same inhuman Colin hurting me again. The reason I lost our first child, and maybe the reason I'll be losing the second. Albeit, that's a thought that I don't even want to cross through my mind.

Colin walks forward to me, and grabs me tightly from my shoulders to pull me up and hold his face close to mine.

"Let me go!" I spit with anger, as he digs his nails on my skin.

He throws an evil laugh at the ceiling, and looks back down at me. "Let you go?" he starts sarcastically. "You really don't believe that I know you?! I am aware of your every single move." His voice sounds in anger and evilness again, with clenched teeth and menacing eyes. "Am I home early? Well yes I am, sweetheart, but that's only because I knew that I had to stop your little ass from leaving. You are mine, Amelie. And you will always be, I don't care if you like it or not."

I can listen to his mad, heavy breath as the room transforms into silence, and the only thing he does is dig his nails deeper into my skin. That until I just reason and discuss with myself—I've been living with this crazy man for the past horrible months. I sort of know some of his weak points and strong points, making me aware that sensing the other person's fear makes him feel powerful.

"Alright fine," I state calmly. "I'm glad you're home early."

I lean over to painfully-on-my-heart place a kiss on his lips that really catches him unexpected, but just as I anticipated he lets me go, and I am now free to walk around the place with a horrible pounding on my bruised arms.