16. Sunken Hearts

Amelie's POV

I arrive at my house, and leave my bag on top of the kitchen table, as I then approach my room. I can't deny that I am a bit nervous of Colin's reaction when I tell him I've been hanging out with Jim Parsons all afternoon, AND that he's coming over for dinner tonight. On the other hand, I can't deny either that I felt a really strange connection between Jim and I, and that there is a weird feeling hunting me at the moment; he has also became a really good friend of mine...at least that's how I could consider it.

I take the doorknob of the room in my hand, and turn it slowly, as I walk in.

"Hi," says Colin, who is laying on the bed with the TV on.

"Oh...hi," I say surprised, as I didn't expect he would be home. "I didn't know you'd arrive early."

I climb on the bed, and place a small kiss on his cheek, as he then turns to me and kisses my lips softly, wrapping an arm around me as I lay besides him.

"So, what did you do all afternoon?" he asks with his eyes fixed on the television.

I feel my stomach sinking in preoccupation, as he pops this question out of his mouth, though I try to hide the way I'm feeling.

"Ummm...I was out with a friend," I say, sounding calm, but feeling anxious.

"Really?" he asks, caressing my arm. "Who?"

I was afraid of this, I was so so afraid of this, but I was going to have to tell him anyways so...what's the point on hiding it much longer.

"Colin," I start, sitting up on the bed, and turning to look at him. He turns off the TV, and fixes a pair of confused eyes on mine, as he notices the tone of worry I'm using in my voice. "Can you promise me you won't get mad?"

"Mad?" he asks in bewilderment. "Why would I get mad? Who did you see?"

I sigh, and move my eyes to the ground, as I find the right words to speak. "I was out with Jim...Jim Parsons."

Colin throws another look of total confusion at me, and drops the control at the table besides the bed. "Seriously? You were out with Jim Parsons all afternoon?"

I nod, fixing my eyes on my husband, and back to the ground again.

"Ah," he speaks, trying to save his unhappiness. "Well...umm...that's...unexpected." Colin makes a small pause, as he clears his throat and takes a deep breath to control his irritation. "And...what did you guys talk about?"

"Well..." I start, hesitating on giving the news. "I...don't kill me okay? But I....I invited him over to have dinner."

"What?!"

"He's so nice, and I just thought maybe—"

"No no no no, you can have dinner with him, but I'm gonna leave."

"Ohhh come on!!" I beg. "He is so nice, you don't even know him, and I really do think you could get to like him as much as I do."

"Amelieeee," complains Colin.

"Pleaaaseee, Colin. If you don't want to do it for him then do it for me okay? Give it a chance pleaseee, just this time."

I press my hands together in praying manner, and stare at him with a sweet, begging pout, hoping he agrees.

Colin sighs, and rolls his eyes up to the ceiling. "Ugh...ok," he speaks, giving up. "BUT...under one condition."

"Yes, what's that?" I ask with a smile.