23. Where Our Memories Lay {Pt. Three}

Karen's POV

There is one very annoying sound that disturbs my ears as I start waking up from my sleep. Once my eyes are open, and my consciousness is back, I realize that that irritating sound is my phone ringing, so—with a groan—I stand up from the hotel's king size bed to answer it.

"What?" I state with anger, as I pick up my phone and realize that the person calling is Colin.

"Relax," he says, as I roll my eyes. "That's no way to talk to someone you haven't talked to for a while. How much has it been?....A month maybe since you haven't answered my calls."

I let out an irritated, silent sound from my lips, and then sit on the messy covers of the bed. "My phone broke," I say, trying to soften my voice. "And I was sleepingggg!"

"Ah, well, it isn't my fault that you're sleeping at 6:00 in the afternoon," he continues, talking in his authority-full tone of voice. "How could I know?"

"Well, for you it might be 6:00 in the afternoon, but it's 2 am for me, so LET.ME.SLEEP." I attempt to hang up on Colin after he stays silent in a long pause, but even before I can, his very irritating voice sounds in my ears again.

"Karen....where are you?"

I can listen to his suddenly serious and a bit menacing voice in his question, and I suddenly feel like there might be something going on.

"I-I'm in Paris....Why?" I say, clearly but afraid of listening to his reaction.

Colin makes another silent pause, making me live in a cold sweat. "Karen...please tell me it's a joke."

But unfortunately, I can't tell him it's a joke. It's not. "Uhhh...it's not a joke. I'm in Paris Fashion Week."

"IDIOT!" he shouts, sending a banging sound to my ears, as he probably slammed a table with his hand. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LEFT YOUR IDIOTIC BOYFRIEND ALONE WITH AMELIE!!!"

"WHAT?!" I exclaim, with incredible shock. No! There's no way he could be with that bitch, he doesn't know she exists!!!

"LIKE YOU HEARD IT!"

"B-but Colin...THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE! How can he be with her if he doesn't even know she exists?" I say, trying to set a point.

"Karen...oh my goodness!!!!!!" he says, speaking as if he couldn't believe my words. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THIS TIME???!!!!! Jim went looking for Amelie to New York with Mayim because he started having visions about her! And they met and recovered their stupid friendship, Amelie even got back her memories! And now she's in LA because of her work, and YOU'RE IN PARIS INSTEAD OF BEING THERE TO KEEP THEM SEPARATED!!!!"

"Colin this is impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I say, not being able to contain my unbelief. No wonder Jim rejected me the night he came back from New York. He couldn't keep that idiot out of his mind. "I didn't know!!"

"Well then you're useless!" he spits. "You're supposed to be watching Jim while I'm watching Amelie!! And YOU LEFT THE TWO OF THEM ALONE!!!!"

"I'll go to the airport now to take a plane back to LA," I say, taking my suitcase out, and finally feeling incredibly angry.

"Of course you will," says Colin, talking in a calmer tone of voice. "Call me when you land." And he hangs up.

Jim's POV

"Jiiiiiiim! Come onnnnn," complains Mayim, as I don't take her invitation to the lake house. "You have to come! I met Amelie when I went for a Starbucks, and she is so nice, and I want us all to be together!"