7. One Remains

* Few days before *

Colin's POV

I slam the door of my underground apartment next to my lab, and toss my blazer across the room to the couch, as anger fires up through all the parts of my body. Amelie interviewing Jim this Friday?...what a mess!!! I must think about something, and NOW! I can't afford having these two seeing each other. That idiot won't have Amelie again.

I throw myself on the couch, and sigh, closing my eyes. I must do something, think of something. My phone starts ringing, and I curse under my breath, trying to control the rage that is possessing me right now.

"What?" I answer with anger, as I see that Karen is the caller.

"Amelie is interviewing Jim," she says, as I groan.

"I...knoooooowwww, woman. Did you forget already that I know everything?!"

Karen stays silent for a moment, as if hesitating to talk. "And what are you planning to do about it?" she asks, making my brain just want to explode.

"And what are you planning to do about it?" I mimic, rolling my eyes. "Ugh...well, I have to come up with something to avoid getting Amelie in that plane, I think it's the most obvious thing in the world," I say, as I stand up and walk to the kitchen.

"HA!" laughs Karen, as if making fun. "Good luck with that. How will you even manage to make it happen? Will you control the weather or what?"

I lean my elbows on the tall kitchen table, and bite my nail, as I dig a large hole in my brain. "I got," I start, as a smirk grows in my face. "I got it!"

"What?"

"I will break one of the plane's windows."

"WHAT?!"

"Look, I know it sounds complicated, but believe me...it's easier than what you think," I say, as my plan is actually genius.

"Colin...that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard," starts Karen, making me fire up in anger again. "How will you even manage to do THAT?! Isn't it easier to simply turn off the wake up alarm of her phone to make her miss the flight?"

"No," I say immediately. "No no, how will I get into her house? Plus, I don't want her to lose her job, at the end of the day she is my future girlfriend. I will break the plane's window...PERIOD."

Karen stays silent, as if trying to think. "Colin..." She sighs. "Ok...how will you do that, may I ask?"

"It's simple, Karen! Do you remember Marco? The guy who works at the airport that helped us get past the security when we arrived here to make our plan happen?"

"Yes I do," she says, sounding curious to see what's next.

"Well, I could pay him a load of money to break the plane's window when he goes to check the cockpit. No one has to know, and he's on our side after all."

Karen makes a pause, as if thinking again. "Okay..." she continues. "I like where this is going."

"When a plane's window is broken, they have to take it in order to change the window, meaning...flight cancelled."

"Ahhhhh, now I understand. It's actually pretty good. We can't afford having these two idiots together again."

"Exactly! You see? I told you it was a good plan, but you never believe me."

"Yeah yeah...how will he break the window though?"

"That's something he'll manage to do," I say, sure that Marco will actually do the job.