14. Clues & Suspicious Guesses

Amelie's POV

The moment I told Jim that Jason was now my boyfriend, I felt a warm joy that would rush around my body uncontrolled. I was so happy, and I felt so complete. It was a moment when I didn't really imagine that what I was feeling wasn't even half of how I was going to feel when I was with Jim in the future.

I remember seeing Jim's eyes full of grief when I told him this, even though he always tried his best to show me his joy. I never really thought that what I saw in his shiny doors to the soul was actual sorrow until he told me he had been in love with me all that time. That moment I felt guilty, and I wanted to pretend that I wasn't the reason why the love of my life was suffering at that time, even though there was a hole in my chest when I thought about it because I knew that I was...a hole that existed only until Jim started sleeping every night with a smile on his face; his arms gently wrapped around my waist; and a beautiful, silver ring shining around his finger. Nothing could take the happiness away from me when I had Jim by my side, no wonder why now I don't feel as happy as I did in my past 'life' we could say, though I don't realize it because to my brain that perfect happiness never really existed, and it's somewhat sad to think that the situation is that. This subconscious talking right now is really hoping that it's not long until the evil man that controls my emotions at the moment is out of my life, and the man who truly loves me is by my side again, but it's impossible to do something when the thought of all these memories being recalled is just perceived as a strange and senseless dream. How can the real Amelie be back? I am just hoping that my forgotten husband has some ideas...because unfortunately I don't; Colin has me controlled, kidnapped, trapped...and I am desperate for it to end.

"Um...is everything okay?" I ask a little worried, since I don't understand the urge sounding on Jim's voice as he mentions he has to talk to me.

"Y—yes. It's just that...I just want to get to know you better, that's all...of course if you're not busy," he adds immediately.

"Ohh, no no no," I say with a giggle. "I would love to. Umm...what if I meet you at Starbucks in 20?"

"Sounds perfect to me."

"Great! See you in a while then. Bye."

I jump out the covers of my bed, and head out to the closet to change. I don't understand why I am feeling this way about seeing Jim again in a while. I feel so...excited, happy. I feel like I just recovered a great and beautiful part of my life, but...Jim was never a part of my life.

I stop...stop brushing my hair, as a feeling spreads from my head to my core and then to my legs. I had a dream with Jim...a beautiful, lovely, though very strange dream. I didn't immediately recall it when I woke up, but now that I do...I realize that the reason why I feel so excited about seeing Jim in a while is because I just had a dream with him...and it wasn't a regular dream, it was a dream in which I actually felt my emotions towards him; some sort of uncanny, stuck memory inside my mind, something that actually happened, I actually lived, and...

"Nahh, that's ridiculous," I whisper to myself, as I continue combing my dark brown curls. I guess I simply wish that I do have that sort of connection with the man, but wishing doesn't equal reality...and I'm married for God's sake...I shouldn't be wishing that Jim's by my side. I love Colin and period.

I take my bag from the couch, and head out the door. The wind brushes my face, my hair moving gracefully with it.

Once I arrive at the Starbucks I was just in a few hours ago, I see from the corner of my eye a man with a plaid shirt, sleeves rolled all the way up to his elbows, and beautiful, dark hair...Butterflies start flying around my stomach automatically, and my heart is playing the drums loudly in my chest. I know it is Jim, what's unknown to me is why I feel this way now when I didn't feel like this before. Was it because of the dream? Or worse...do I like the man? That would be insane because I'm married, and I'm not the type of woman who is with two men at a time...NO that is not me, so I'll just keep things with Jim kind but as simple friends, I can't feel anything else.