Chapter 17

Dan was in the backyard sitting on a bench flowers in his hands. Today would mark the day of him and Chris's 10 month anniversary. Dan was muttering with excitement. Today will be different, he tells himself. He'll appreciate it. Just as Dan as swept out of his thoughts, he heard the front door open. Dan got up and ran inside, holding the flowers close to his chest.
"Welcome home" Dan tells Chris with a wide smile and handed the flowers to Chris. "I picked them myself"
Chris looked at him with fury in his eyes.
"What the fuck is this?" Chris snaps
"It's our anniversary" Dan said with a frown "I thought you'd like it?"
"Do you fucking know me?" Chris yelled again. Dan frowned and followed Chris into the bedroom. They entered the bedroom and there were flower pedals scattered across the floor and the bed was made with fresh sheets.
"You wasted your time." Chris says
"But I did it for you, don't you like it?"Dan says he feels his heart drop at Chris's remarks.
"Wow! You must be so proud of yourself" Chris snaps. Chris walked out of the room and goes into the kitchen. He opens the cupboard and pulls out a bottle of vodka and walks back into the room, Dan following close behind. They reach the room and Chris stops and makes sure Dan is watching. He pours the vodka over the bed and grabs a handful of petals and throwing them on the floor and stepping on them. Dan feels physical pain in his chest and feels tears running down his cheek.
"I just thought-"
"What did you think!? That I would appreciate you? That I would say I love you?!" Chris shouts. Dan looks down and starts to cry.
"You said you-"
"I said I loved you!? Well guess what. I didnt mean it Danny!"
Dan looks at Chris with rage in his eyes.
"Fuck you" he mumbles.
"What the hell did you just say to me?" Chris raises his voice
"Fuck you!" Dan yells but quickly backs away. Chris walks up to Dan and raises his hand and....

Dan wakes up tears running down his face. He lets out small cries waking Phil up in the process.
"Dan? What's wrong?" He hugs Dan and kisses his cheek.
"Just a bad dream." Dan says.
"What about" Phil said, his hands wrapped around Dan rubbing circles in his back trying to calm him down.
"Nothing I'm fine." Dan smiles reassuring Phil.
"Okay." Phil lays him down and keeps his arms wrapped around Dan.
"I love you" Phil says.
"I love you too" Dans replies. Phils eyes widen, he wasn't expecting him to say it back, but doesn't worry about it he said he loved him and meant it. Dan leaned forward and kissed Phil. They both closed their eyes and fell back to sleep.

authors note:
Sorta hated this chapter and sorta loved it.