Take It Slow (NovaHD) Chapter 2: Loveshack

It had been a long time since I had set up any dates. Even with a woman. I decided that I really didn't want to go out in public with Aleks yet, because one,  I was afraid of homophobia in public restaurants and movie theaters, and two, we were still in the awkward stages of even being friends. However, I wanted to make it a nice night, even if nothing came from it. There was only one person I could think of that knew Aleks like the back of his hand, but wouldn't get suspicious; Eddie. My plan was about to commence; Eddie would help me set up for this date. However, he would be under the impression that I was having a girl over. I hadn't planned out who she was yet, but hopefully Eddie wouldn't ask TOO many questions.

It was almost eleven in the morning, and I was sure he was up by now. I decided to give him a call, and pray my plan could follow through. The phone rang a few times, but he eventually picked up. "Hello?" "Hey Eddie, I need your help with something." I replied, nervously tapping my fingers on the counter.  "Sure man, what's up?" "I-- uh, need some help... with, a... date..." I stumbled over my words, embarrased. Eddie squealed into the phone, a suprising reaction. "Yay! My boy's gotta date with a lady! I'll be over in a minute homie!" He giggled at the end, proceeding to hang up. 

If only he knew.

When Eddie arrived, he had multiple different bins of dress shirts, pants, ties, shoes, cologne, and even a book on etiquette. Man, he was REALLY into this stuff. I helped him carry everything in, and then the party got started.

He first asked me what kind of date I had in mind. I didn't really know, so we just decided on dinner and a few movies at home. Then, he showed me all of the different champagne kinds, what meals were good to make on a first date, and the best romance comedies. It was insane.

A few hours later, we were sitting in the kitchen, just waiting around. We had decided on a few  comedies from the 90s to watch, including The Mask, Mallrats, and even Austin Powers. Eddie also showed me how to make spaghetti, with a little Puerto Rican flare. Now, as everything was set up and ready to go, Eddie pulled me upstairs to try on different clothes. I groaned at this fact. "Why can't I just wear normal clothes? It's not like I'm getting married." Eddie gave me a stern look, and shoved a bag into my arms. "You want to look presentable, don't you? I don't think anyone would want to date a slob. Now, at least go try this on, and we'll go from there." I grumbled, and stalked into the bathroom. 

A lot of Eddie's clothes suprisingly fit me, despite our height difference. However, according to him, nothing "fit the bill", as it were, and he kept making me change. Finally, I decided on a pair of black dress pants with converse, along with a navy blue dress shirt. I refused a tie completely. I checked myself out in the mirror. Damn! I looked pretty good! Eddie stifled a laugh behind me. He saw that I was checking myself out. I blushed. I hope Aleks thinks I look good.

It was a quarter til six, so Eddie decided to head out. I thanked him graciously. "Thanks again, man. I don't know what I would have done without you." He pulled me into a quick goodbye-hug and giggled. "Just call me Mr. Loveshack, James!" He then walked to the front door and turned to face me with a wink. "Tell me how it goes with her." He then strode out to his car and pulled out into the street. I waved as he began to drive away. I turned back into the room when I recieved a text from Aleks. 

"Leaving now, see you in a bit."

Time to see if Loveshack's work paid off.