Take It Slow (NovaHD) Chapter 14: Moving On

Oh look, a time skip: 2 weeks

hullo my friends, many thanks for reading. I am glad that we have four thousand reads. whut. So, in celebration, I am taking prompts! Both here on Wattpad, and Tumblr, whichever tickles your fancy. So, yeah. I'll take song prompts, one word prompts (if they are specific) and regular old prompts. So, yeah. Have a wicked awesome day :D

~~~

A soft, plushy object slapped against my face. I awoke suddenly, only to hear the sound of a young man laughing. I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose. What the hell did Aleks want this early?

"Wake up, sleepy head," He giggled, plopping himself down next to me. I sighed heavily, and turned over to my digital clock. It read 9:52 am, blinking softly in my dimmed bedroom. I felt Aleks begin to rub my calf, humming some random song. I sat up, letting a small moan escape my lips as I stretched upwards. "What are you doing here so early, dude?" I yawned, climbing out of bed. He didn't answer, deciding that twisting my sheets around his finger was more entertaining. I grabbed a random shirt out of the closet, pulling it over my head. I didn't bother with pants, because I wasn't planning on heading down stairs in the near future. I glanced over at Aleks, to find he looked incredibly nervous. "Hey, what's up?" I asked, sliding next to him onto the bed. He picked as his elbow, not answering. I slung an arm around his shoulder and kissed his temple. "Is something bothering you? Is someone?" I quizzed, wanting an answer. Aleks pulled away from my grasp. "I wanted to ask you something, but I don't know how." He mumbled, looking down at the carpet. I pulled him closer, despite his earlier denials. "You can ask me anything, Aleks. I won't get mad." He looked up at me with glassy eyes, and blurted out the unexpected question.

"Can I move in with you? 'Cause Eddie and Natalie are really happy together in the apartment, and I hate always having to drive over here to see you, and sometimes they get loud at night and-" I stopped his ramblings with a finger to his lips. "Of course you can move in with me. We'll just have to get the empty room set-up for your computer and stuff, and we'll have to make a moving day." He beamed up at me, ecstatic with my response. However, I wouldn't just let him leave his best friend without notice.

"Does Eddie know you're gonna move out here?" I asked, casually playing with the curls on Aleks' head. He shrugged. "I've brought it up a couple times, but I never officially said I was leaving." I wrapped my other arm around his waist, kissing him on the cheek. "Well, make sure to tell him so he doesn't come home one day to you and all your stuff missing," I chuckled, running two fingers around the hem of his jeans. "How about this Saturday?" He asked, shifting so he was on my lap. He nuzzled into my chest, as I sighed deeply. "Fine. But after Creature Talk, alright? I don't want to have to wake up early again." 

~~~

 It was nearly impossible to fit all of Aleks' stuff inside his small car. Luckily, Jordan and Dan stopped by the apartment complex to help us out after Creature talk. As I carried Aleks' computer moniters into the living room to gather with the rest of his equipment, I was greeted by Dan holding his precious camera up to his face.

"So, yeah, Aleks is moving to the Creature house, and we're helping him move!" Dan announced to the device, flipping it around so it faced me. I gave him a dirty look, but followed up with a smile. "You gonna put this on your channel?" I asked, slowly closing up the few boxes that remained in the room. "Depends, might put it on the Hub," Dan answered, pressing a small red button to stop recording. I checked back in Aleks' room to see if their was anything left, but it was vacant. I ran into Eddie on my way to help load stuff into the cars, and he stopped me.

"So... Aleks seems excited to be living with you now." He made small talk, fiddling with one of the drawers in the kitchen. "Yeah, he wants to give you and Natalie your own space, and move in with me." I answered simply, picking up one of the trashbags that held all of Aleks' clothes. I felt a strong hand grip my shoulder as I was bent down, and it froze me in that position.

"I saw you talking to that chick a couple weeks ago," Eddie growled, turning me around. He had a look of suspicion in his eyes. I snorted, and grabbed my keys off of the table. "You really think I'm straight, after all this shit I've done with Aleks?" I leaned up against the counter. I wanted to know his side of the story. His hands balled into fists, he took a step closer to me. "You could go both ways," He spat, checking his phone quickly. I gave him a look. Did he really think I would cheat on Aleks, with Lucy?

Would I? No, never... Lucy was just a friend... A friend that nearly gave me a blowjob. I shoved that thought out of my mind, and turned back to Eddie. "Look, I love Aleks, and I would never hurt him," I started, but took back my words. "Again." I finished, and Eddie glanced up from checking his tweets. 

"Look, James, I know you love him. Just... I don't want him getting hurt, y'know? He's my best friend, and friends stick up for one another. I'm just looking out for him." As he finished, Jordan wrenched the front door to the apartment open, and yelled up the stairs. "Guys, let's go! I'm hungry, and I want to get home soon! Stop chatting and get in the cars!" I peeked over at Eddie to find him smirking. "Angry Koots is angry." He giggled, and we walked down stairs.

~~~

It was nearly seven o'clock at night when we finally got everything set-up in Aleks' room and transferred his clothes and toiletries over. Jordan gave us a quick goodbye, then rushed out to his car, clearly wanting to get home. Dan finished off his vlog of the move, and then he was on his way. Eddie gave Aleks and I a hug, then whispered to me, "He has a weird scedule. You've been warned." He giggled, then proceeded to his mode of transportation. I sat back on the couch that Aleks had in his new office, and sighed.

"I'm so fucking tired, dude. How about you?" Aleks finished rendering out some G-Mod footage he had saved on a flashdrive, then spun around in his wheely chair to face me. 

"Well," He smiled, a happy glint in his eyes. "Then why don't we go sleep in, our bed?" He whispered, pulling me off the couch into and embrace. I cradled the back of his head with one hand, knitting my fingers through the loop on his pants on the other. His head rested on my chest along with his hand, while his other hand pulled at the hem of my shirt playfully. We just stayed like this for a while, happy to be in each other's presence. Finally, I sighed, pulling away. "Ok, let's go." I hummed sleepily, and he chuckled. We walked back into our room together, and without even slipping on some more comfortable clothes, we passed out on the bed, huddled close under the blankets as the autumn wind picked up outside, showing that leaves on the trees would soon be changing magnificent colors and patterns, and the two men would eventually learn the hardships of having traditional parents.