Take It Slow (NovaHD) Chapter 8: A Breaking Point

(Time Skip- 1 1/2 Months)

~~~

How the fuck could I let this happen? We were so far into this relationship, and now the walls were like those of Jericho. And I was Joshua, fighting endlessly against the city, ripping and tearing it apart, exterminating everything. But why? I needed to retrace my steps...

Aleks and I were watching a movie in my room, like any other rainy Tuesday. The guys were downstairs in the basement playing pool, while Aleks was snuggled up next to me under the blanket. A perfectly normal day, I thought. Oh, how terribly wrong I was. As the credits began to roll down the television screen, I felt Aleks shift his body, so now he was sitting in my lap. "Hey, James, you know what day it is today, right?" He asked, eyes eagerly awaiting my answer. I chuckled at his nervousness. He always expected me to be the type to forget dates, or not care at all, but I always remembered. I lightly kissed the tip of his nose. "Of course I do. It's our sixth-month anniversary." I answered, enveloping him in a hug. He smiled, and whispered in my ear, "So, what did you get me?" I laughed, and pulled him close. "This." I hummed, as I pulled him into a kiss. I traced his lips, with my tongue, awaiting entry. Aleks happily obliged, turning around so now I was on top. I entered his mouth, and began our routine. We battled for dominance, myself winning (of course), and I stayed on top. I trailed his jawline, recieving soft moans from him. I traveled to his collarbone, sucking on the skin there. This brought more noise from Aleks, but it felt so... forced. Like we were both just going through the motions. I left my mark on Aleks, but then I stopped.

He looked up, confused. "Something wrong?" I asked, falling next to him on the bed. His body had also felt tense during this, so I was worried. "Nah man, it's just..." He mumbled, getting up from the bed and walking over to my desk. "Just what?" I continued, wanting answers. "It's been six months, and the guys still don't know about us." He sighed, playing with some of the stuff on my desk. I turned, confused. "I thought you said when we were both ready we could come out," I said, confused. "And I'm not ready." Aleks crossed his arms, and gave me a look. "Yeah, well that was three months ago. YOU SAID you would be ready by now. And now I'm thinking that you don't care anymore." He spat, moving towards the door. I followed him downstairs, our argument continuing. "So you think I don't care, when in reality, I'm afraid of a repeat of our Costco dilemma." I said following him into the kitchen. The rest of the guys were coming up from the basement laughing, and didn't notice us at first. "But again, James, THAT WAS THREE MONTHS AGO. How do I know that you would still do the same for me?" Aleks raised his voice, collecting the attention of the others. "Um... guys?" Seamus said slowly, looking at us. I felt my face burn in anger. "If YOU STILL CARED," I yelled, causing the others to jump. "You would STILL RESPECT ME AND MY PRIVACY!" I clenched my fists, waiting for his retaliation. I knew he was just trying to get me riled up, but he already hit a fucking nerve. I wasn't expecting what he did next.

Aleks decided to completely ignore me now. He turned away, facing the other utterly-confused Creatures. "Guys, I have something to tell you..." He began, taking a step towards them. I froze, and felt my mind explode with hatred. "Me and James are-" 

Before Aleks could finished, I grabbed his arm forcefully, turning him around. "SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU LITTLE BITCH" I screamed, slapping him straight across the face. 

The world froze around me, everything turning to slow motion. Aleks stumbled into the counter, holding the side of his face, Tears rolled his cheeks and Eddie and Jordan ran over. I felt Sp00n's strong arms, pull me away from him, but I still stared in shock. I just hit Aleks. Eddie was helping Aleks up, as Jordan pulled his hand away from his face. 

A dark red mark had already formed in the shape of my hand. Purple blotches were forming around and on it, signifing that I had broken some of the blood vessels in his cheeks. He pulled away from them both, steadying himself. He looked at me, pain in his eyes, as he ran out the front door, slamming it shut behind him. My eyes were grossly wide now, realizing what I had just done. I felt everyone's eyes on me as I lost my balance and gripped the counter. The room was beginning to spin, and I felt Sp00n grip my shoulder. "James? What's going on?" 

That was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.