Take It Slow (NovaHD) Chapter 17: Love Hurts... A lot.

Thank you to nomnom111 for the suggestion for this chapter!!! :3 ^.^ Remember, let me know if you have any ideas for the next chapters! ~Abby

~~~

I groaned as Aleks pulled me to his car. Today was just not my day. "C'mon James, you'll be so happy you did it after it's done!" He whined, getting into the drivers seat. I put my head on the dashboard, sighing.

Aleks wanted to get couple tattoos.

I had been planning to get a tattoo for some time now, but not matching ones. Aleks wanted to add on to his collection by getting some ink on his shoulder, but I was nervous. I had seen how tattoos were done on TV, and there was a lot of blood. That was the only thing stopping me; my fear of blood. I shivered at the thought. Aleks placed a hand on my back as he drove, rubbing in small circles.

"Aleks, I don't like blood." I mumbled, trying to get out of getting it. He held my side, continuing to rub. 

"Don't worry baby, it'll only hurt for a short period of time." Aleks responded, looking down at me when we stopped at a red light.

"Do you want me to hold your hand when it happens?" He asked, and I nodded. I may look like a fucking baby, but I wanted Aleks right by my side.

As we continued to drive, I pulled my phone out to text someone else for advice; Lucy. I wasn't sure if she had any tattoos, but her piercings probably hurt just as bad, so she was my next line of help.

Hey Lucy, can I ask for your advice? I typed, pressing send. I got a response about a minute later.

Sure James, what's up? My hands hovered over the screen, thinking about what to write.

Aleks is taking me to get couple tattoos. I simply wrote that, leaving out my fear of blood. A few minutes later, my phone buzzed.

OMG!!! R u excited? I have a tattoo too, but it's in a secret spot ;)

I shuddered. Too much information. Yeah, I'm not too excited. It's my first one, and I'm afraid of blood.

I felt like a wimp, but sent her the text anyway. As she responded, Aleks pulled up to a very professional-looking parlor. "This is where I finished off my sleeve colors." He smiled, relieving pain-filled memories. He held my hand. "They already know we're coming," He winks. "I'm a regular here."

I shiver as I look down at Lucy's most recent text.

Well, buttercup, the only advice I can give you is tough it out. You and Aleks have a perfect relationship, and you are NOT ruining it over a little bit of blood and pain. He would do the same for you. Now, I have to go. Send me a picture later k? Bai ^.^

I sigh, sending her a quick goodbye message. Inside the parlor looked pretty typical; several different pictures of clients up on the wall, some with just a tiny one, some covered head-to-toe. There were also several big reclining chairs, accompanied by an artist and I tray of needles and dye. I wrapped my arms around my middle, squeezing my eyes shut. Everything's gonna be alright, I told myself.

"Aleks! Darlin', how ya been? How's the friends, everyone?" A woman covered in tattoos approached us, embracing Aleks. Her commotion drew attention to us, causing some of the other artists to look up from their work. Some waved and shouted, some gave us a smile. She looked over at my, a wide grin on her face.

"So, lambchop, I hear your Aleks' cuddlebug?" She wraps her arms around my shoulder, and I blush red. Everyone was staring now. "Y-yeah..." I mumble, feeling awkward as hell now.

Aleks gave her a smile, then pulled me into his own arms. "It's his first one." The woman's eyes widened with glee, and she grabbed our arms. "Aw, shucks, you lovebirds! Gettin' yourselves a couple's set of ink, huh?" She pulled us over to one of the bigger sets of chairs, and Aleks plopped himself down.

"I'll go first, so he can see it doesn't hurt." I smiled at Aleks. He was such a dork sometimes.

The lady picked up her tools as Aleks picked out a design. "I'm Candy, by the way, sweets." She giggled, starting up the needle. I gulped.

After some debate on price and difficulty, Aleks finally showed me the design. "So, we're each going to get a nautical star on our shoulder blades, but mines going to be red, and yours blue," He looked up at me to see if I was following along. I nodded. It didn't seem TOO intricate. "Then, on one of the colored spots, we're going to get each other's name in cursive." I smirked; it wasn't some girly idea, like a lock and key, or two birds kissing, but it still held a romantic aspect. Aleks pulled his shirt off and laid down on his stomach. "Do your worst, Candy." She chuckled. "I'll try."

It only took her about fifteen minutes to finish Aleks' tattoo, but that was probably because he had no reaction to the needle what-so-ever. Candy switched out the red-inked tip with a blue one. "Alright, sugarplum, I'm going to need you to take your shirt off for me and lie down on your tummy, just like Aleks." My faced burned red as I tugged my shirt off and laid down. I heard Aleks stifle a laugh before he came over to the other side of the chair, facing me. 

"Here, hold my hand. Grip as tight as you need to. That's what I'm here for." I took his hand, holding the side of the chair with the other. "Okay, I'm gonna start your blue parts now." I laid my head down.

An excruciating pain flew down my body, causing me to flinch. Candy moved the needle away quickly, making sure she didn't ink the wrong spot. "Aleks, could you hold him down please? I got 'is legs." He held my arm tightly, not allowing me any movement. "Here we go again." Candy announced.

It felt like death. I could feel the blood coming from my skin, and I shielded my eyes. I gripped Aleks' hand tight, but the pain seared through me harder. Lucy would be proud of me.

After what felt like an eternity, the needle was lifted from my skin. "All done, pudding!" Candy clapped her hands together. Luckily, I didn't cry TOO much, so it wasn't completely visible on my face. As Aleks paid for us, I looked at my new accessory in the mirror. Damn, Candy was REALLY good at what she did. Everything was perfectly aligned, and the blue was evenly spread. And Aleks' name was beautifully written in the upper right hand corner. Little spots of blood could still be seen, and Aleks came over with some plastic sheeting. 

"You like it, huh?" He laughs, as he hands me the wrapping. "What's this?" I ask, as Candy helps me stick it to my back. "It's to help keep infection away," She answers, watching as Aleks applies his own. "Since your skin opens up when you get a tattoo and the skin is fairly sensitive, we want to make sure you keep healthy!" I nod. I didn't want to get any infections, not now, not today, not EVER.

~~~

As me and Aleks drove home, I looked out the window thoughtlessly, texting Lucy about the experience. I feel Aleks' hand interlock with mine, and we drive in silence. When we pull into the driveway, I feel his hand move to my thigh. "So..." He says, rubbing it up and down. I blush bright red. What did he plan on doing? "No physical contact with anyone that could exchange bodily fluids for twenty-four hours..." He muttered, looking me in the eyes. I knew what he wanted.

"Wanna skip out on the Pay Day stream tomorrow?" He asks, teasing me more. He kisses my neck softly, and I moan.

"Oh hell yes." How was I going to sustain myself for that long?