Take It Slow (NovaHD) Chapter 3: Breaking the Tension

I paced nervously in and out of the office area, arms crossed nervously across my chest. It was nearly six o'clock, and I felt like melting into the wall, to hide forever. I was so nervous. How would I greet Aleks when he came? A hug? Handshake? Completely ignore him and hide in the pantry until he went away? There were so many options. What if this date went wrong, what if I said something? So many chances! I sat down in the kitchen and ran a hand through my hair. I could tell that I was sweating. I stole a quick glance at the clock. It read, 6:02. Oh man. What if he ditches? I'd look like an idiot! I couldn't face him ever again. Maybe I should've kept my mouth shut. Maybe I should just-

DING DONG!

He's here.

I quickly straightened myself out, then approached the door. Before I opened it, I looked through the peep hole. Aleks' hair was combed and carefully taken care of, but still had the little poof to it that I loved so much. He was wearing a brick-red dress shirt, with jeans and his beloved red shoes. He also looked scared as hell. That fact made me feel better, and I opened up the door. 

"Hi, Aleks... uh, come in.." I said nervously stepping out of the way. "Thanks, dude." He said, not looking me in the eyes. This was incredibly awkward. "You hungry?" I asked, as I stepped into the kitchen to pull out the spaghetti from the oven where I was keeping it warm. As I pulled it out, I felt eyes penetrating the back of my head. I swiftly turned around, nearly dropping the dinner. Aleks was leaning against the island, chuckling. "When in the hell did you learn to cook?" He inquired, grabbing two plates from the cupboard. I blushed. "I had a little help." He smirked, and began to serve himself. "So, how many women did you have to enslave to help you with tonight?" He asked, turning towards the couch. I chuckled. "One, and he's your roomate." I could feel the tension in the air as Aleks quickly spun around to look at me. "Eddie helped you with all of this? With this entire night?" I didn't answer right away, as I saw Aleks' face turn very red. In all honesty, he was adorable when he was angry. "So he knows that your-" I paused him with a finger to his lips as I walked over with my food. "Don't worry," I said, plopping myself down on the couch, patting the seat next to me. "He thinks I'm having a girl over. As you can tell by the selection of movies." We both laughed, and Aleks took his seat next to me. 

Dinner was mainly silent, due to the fact that Eddie's cooking was amazing. After that, we sat and chatted for a bit before beginning the large selection of movies. Many of them were terrifingly horrible, so most of the night was spent bashing the actors and hysterically laughing. It was really comfortable, and I almost forgot we were on a date.

Almost.

As the night dragged on, both me and Aleks were losing our attention span with the movies at hand. Now, we were in the middle of Fool's Gold, which Eddie had forced me to put on the list of films. I stared blankly at the screen, waiting for something to happen. As the movie trudged on, I felt movement on the couch, and found Aleks snuggling up against me, clearly about to fall asleep from boredom. I looked at him, suprised, but he didn't seem to acknowledge me. I then carefully placed an arm around his shoulders, trying to be one of those slick guys. He looked up, seemingly fully awake now. "Hey James?" "Mm?" I mumbled, starting to fall asleep myself. My eyes began to flutter, however I was awoken by soft pressure on my lips. I opened my eyes, only to find Aleks softly kissing me. It created butterflies in my stomach, and it felt so right. I slowly began to kiss back, a little nervous. Aleks then proceeded to climb on top of me, making the kiss more passionate. This suprised me, but I placed a hand on his back and began to feel his soft hair. It only lasted a few seconds, but it felt like an eternity. As Aleks broke the kiss, I noticed he had been clasping the front of my shirt, playing with the buttons. I knew he wanted something more.

We sat in this awkward position for a few minutes, not really sure what we had just done. I could tell by the look in Aleks' eyes that he wanted to continue, but it was almost midnight, and he should have been home an hour ago. As Aleks slipped off of the couch and went to grab his shoes, I leaned up against the wall near the door. As he approached me, I confronted him with the question of the night. 

"So, Aleks... what does this make us now?" He looked up into my eyes and shrugged. "What would you call this? You asked me out in the first place." I pondered this response for a few moments, then caressed his cheek. "Would you be against us being known as partners?" I asked, looking into his chocolate eyes. He responded with a light kiss, and whispered in my ear. "As long as we keep it between us for a little while, then of course." I smiled, then pulled him into a hug. "Drive safe." I whispered as I led him out to his car. "Don't worry, Mom, I'll be fine." He smirked, and then started the ignition. I watched as he pulled out into the street, and began to drive down the road.

Maybe we could make this work after all.