Take It Slow (NovaHD) Chapter 21: Commitment Issues

Next chapter is the last! Sorry about this being kinda short, I wanna skip over the boring, pre-wedding planning, so next chapter will take place in May, on their anniversary. Hope you enjoy :3 ~Abby

~~~

Aleks stiffened as the eyes of everyone fell on him. I waited impatiently. What was wrong with him?

"Aleks?" I finally asked. after almost a full minute of silence. As I spoke, Aleks' eyes filled with tears.

"James..." He choked out, falling to the ground to hug me, his fiancee. Cheers erupted around us, and I held Aleks close. "I love you so much." He sobbed tears of joy into my shoulder. I had done it.

Aleks pulled away sniffing, and I slipped the engagement ring on to his finger. Eddie was giggling like a maniac.

"My best friend is getting married!" He couldn't contain his excitement. Jordan smiled, pulling Monica close. He remembered feeling the same stress, going through the same thing when proposing to her, however they were alone. There wasn't the stress of others awaiting a positive, or negative, reaction. Everyone gathered around to get a better look at the ring. "Ooooh's" and "That's beautiful" were exchanged among the girls, while Kevin explained to the guys about how they picked it out. Aleks looked up from the excitement, right at me. A glimmer of pure bliss was easily coated on his eyes, and I pulled away from the action. I wandered upstairs, sitting in Jordan's chair. I let out a deep sigh. I hadn't been breathing properly for the past hour, and thousands of different emotions were running through my mind.

Aleks must have followed me up the stairs, because I was greeted by him sitting on my lap.

"God, you're heavy." I joked, but Aleks looked at me seriously.

"I am?!?" He panicked. "I need to lose weight for our wedding then! I can't look bad in my suit, I'll look like some poor ass cu-" I stopped his anxious rambling with my lips. He shut right up, and snuggled next to me, kissing back. I wasn't entirely in the mood to get kinky on Jordan's work chair, so I pulled away.

"You're beautiful Aleks, no matter what you look like. I'll always think you're an angel from Heaven." He blushed, playing with the stitching on my shirt. 

"Babe?" He asked, looking up at me. "Yes?" I answered.

"Why are you proposing to me now? I always thought you could have commitment issues, from your stories of relationships in the past." I pulled Aleks closer, whispering in his ear.

"I did, until I met you. I didn't know that I loved you truly until about three weeks ago, though. It just... dawned on me randomly. And I wanted to make sure I sealed it with you before either of us did something stupid." He smiled, then got off the chair, holding my hand.

"Let's go back downstairs. You're the topic of discussion." I smiled, but before I pulled Aleks downstairs to join the others, he pulled me close, enveloping me in a kiss.

"Merry Christmas James."

"Merry Christmas Aleksandr."

"Don't call me that."

"You know you love it."