Take it Slow (NovaHD) Chapter 13: Leave it to Lucy

WARNING!!! Light mentions of abuse/rape/sexual assault. If this kind of stuff bothers you, I recommend you don't read! Thanks!

~~~

The girl dragged me over to the arcade, not saying a word. I looked back to the alleys, and saw that Aleks was still sitting, casually talking with Ashley. I sighed. At least he won't know where to find me, I thought. She stopped in the middle of the claw machine game and a glass case filled with cheap knock-off Apple products. She turned to face me, trailing her fingers across my hands. 

"My name's Lucy, by the way." She giggled, pushing me towards an open spot in the wall. I struggled against her, but she was pretty damn strong. She began to lightly trace the bones in my face with her long, white hands. I shivered nervously. 

"What's wrong, buttercup?" She said silkily, pulling my sweatshirt off slowly. "Not used to the weather?" I whimpered, trying to push her away. I felt so... defenseless. She had this aura around her, pulling me in to her grasp. Maybe she's a witch, I thought. I couldn't tread on the thought much longer, however, as she moved closer into the crevice of my neck.

"Sweetie, do you have a woman in your life? I'd be suprised if you did. I think you're the loyal type." Her words were honeyed, and I closed my eyes. I couldn't feel anything anymore. I felt her lips caress my collarbone, her lips warm, the texture of wine. Her metal attactments pulled across my skin, and I let out a sigh.

I was too scared to push her off of me. I wasn't turned on by her, or enjoying it for that matter. For once, I felt like I needed saving, like I was a little kid who was lost in public, and a kind adult would come help me find my mother. But that wouldn't happen. I felt Lucy's hands travel down to my waist, and the air caught in my throat. No, I grunted internally. You are not going to cry. You are going to be a man, and push her off. I felt her get down on one knee, her hands tracing me. Make her stop. Now. I bit my lip, clutching the sides of the machines next to me. DO IT. PUT HER IN HER PLACE. 

"Buttercup?" Lucy inquired, moving her face away from my crotch. "Somethin' wrong? You don't seem to be too happy down her..." The blood rushed from my brain and down my body. 

STOP IT!

~~~

"LUCY! WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU GO?" A gruff man's voice yelled, snapping me from my thoughts. Lucy turned quickly, her eyes wide. She stumbled to her feet, clutching to my shirt. "Hide me sugar, please." She begged. Turning to auto-pilot, I grabbed her arms, and pushed her behind me. Luckily I was tall enough to hide her. A large, drunken-looking man came from around the corner, his eyes bloodshot and aware. "Where th' fuck could dat bitch 'ave gon'? He growled, looking over at the skee-ball machines. He was at least a half-foot taller than me, and he looked like a lumber jack, with large muscles and a strong beard. I shivered at his sight. He looked like a murderer. 

After a few minutes spent angrily searching, the man haughtily let out a sigh, leaving the bowling alley. I felt Lucy peek out from behind me. "Is he gone?" She whispered, clasping the fabric on my back. I moved away from the wall, allowing her wiggle room. I looked down, and instantly knew why she had been so afraid.

Her shirt had rolled up to reveal several scars and bruises on her hips and stomach. I wouldn't have been suprised if their were more on her frail structure. She glanced up at me, quickly pulling down her shirt. She looked ashamed. I almost hurt her too. I wanted to push her away, but I had been too afraid. She probably felt the same way with that douche. I took her wrist, and led her to one of the tables near the snack bar. I grabbed a napkin and a lone pen, and quickly scribbled down my number. She watched me closely, her arms wrapped around her middle. I pushed it into her hand when I was done, pulling her close. "Who was that?" I whispered gravelly. She looked away. "David. He's my boyfriend." I saw tears beginning to form in her eyes. I pulled her into a tight hug. "If he ever hurts you or threatens you again, give me a call. I'll be here for you." I reassured her. We broke apart, and she wiped her eyes. "Why do you care about me? I'm just some slut you met at the bowling alley." I gave her a smile. "To my standards, you aren't a slut. You are a strong, amazing person." Her eyes glowed in admiration, and I placed a hand on her shoulder. "Good luck Lucy." I said silverly, and she turned to the side exit. But, before she departed, she turned back to me. "You never told me your name, silly." She giggled. I smiled. 

"James."

"Ok. Thank you, James." She responded, and waltzed out the side exit. I watched her leave as I felt a pair of familiar arms wrap around my waist, aquainted with a yawn. I smirked.

"Jaaammmmmessssss," Aleks whined, playing with my belt. "I never got my drink. Where were you?" I turned to face him, planting a kiss on his head. "We have some at home. I think I'll be driving, though." He groaned, but let me lead him out to the car. The stars shimmered above us, illuminating the parking lot. As I helped Aleks into the car, I looked over across the aisles, only to find a familiar blue-haired girl laughing with some of her friends. She turned, and saw me staring. She blushed, and got into the back of the car she had crowded around. I smiled. I hoped Lucy made it out alright.