Take It Slow (NovaHD) Epilogue: It's Been Six Years

Thank you guys again, and Congrats!!! You reached the goal!!! I'm a proud mama :3

So I have a question... Would you guys rather I continued Young Love (the high school fic) or Just A Scratch (the scitzophrenia oneshot)? Whichever one I don't finish will be finished eventually, so don't worry about that. But yeah, I give you the finale of my first child, Take It Slow :) ~Abby

~~~

Aleks' POV

A shiver ran through my neck and down my spine. It was unnaturally cold for the middle of September. I shrugged my tan leather jacket on, letting out a frosty breath. "Keys, phone, e-cigs, pamphlet..." I muttered to myself, checking all of my pockets. After I was assured I had everything, I walked to the car, throwing the door open. "Ready?" I sighed. My compatriots gave me a nod. I slid into the driver's seat. I turned on my electric cigarette, taking a long drag. I had been trying to quit smoking for three months, and I was making excellent progress, according to my doctor. I adjusted the mirror, smiling at the main reason why I decided to quit.

Miranda was a special little girl; she was mine. The doctors and I had decided to use in vitro fertilization, and Monica was brave and kind enough to be a host mother. With Jordan's consent, of course. They already had two boys, seven year old Harry and five year old Kristoff, who was Miranda's age. She was beautiful; she had many of my Russian genes, sporting pale skin and dark eyes. However, she had thick, curly black hair, which was now pulled back a tight bun. She sat in the back, eating some goldfish while reviewing a speech she had written on my Kindle. It was Open House for the kindergarteners at the primary school, and little Miranda had been chosen by her teacher to read her "Parents" speech at the ceremony tonight, along with some other children. She looked up at my reflection, giving me a toothy grin.

"You nervous baby girl?" I asked, pulling the car out of our driveway. She shook her head no. She wasn't much of a talker about her feelings. 

The car ride was short and mainly silent. As we pulled up into the parking lot, I turned to face Miranda.

"Randi, you head inside and get situated. We'll be there in just a minute." She nodded, and pushed her door open. I got out of my seat, watching her as she ran up the sidewalk when she saw some of her friends from daycare. I smiled briefly, before walking over to the passenger's side. I opened up the door and extended my hand. "You ready babe?"

~~~

It had been six years since the David incident. I was heartbroken; I thought I would never love again; I missed my James so much. I just wanted him back. But times had changed...

~~~

~~~

~~~

"Alright, one leg done."

James cringed in pain as I held his leg, swinging it over to the opening of the car. The doctors told us that he wouldn't walk again, after his deadly wounds. But James persisted, wanting to be just a good of a dad that I was. After almost two years of fittings, doctors appointments, and tweve thousand dollars out of our emergency fund, James recieved leg braces and a crutch. He had been to several hours worth of physical therapy sessions, and now he was able to walk short distances. It made me proud.

As we finally situated ourselves outside the car, James held my hipbone with his free hand. "Aleks, babe..." He began, not looking at me. I held his face, directing his attention back to me. "I... I'm nervous. What are people gonna say?" I pondered this question for a moment, before giving my husband a soft kiss. "Sweetheart, you'll be fine. Don't stress. No one will say anything." I leaned close to his ear. "Also, do this for Randi. She is so excited, and I don't want attitude ruining her night." I heard him sigh, and adjust his cane. "I'm ready." He mumbled, and we were on our way.