Take It Slow (NovaHD) Chapter 19: Islands

An Anon on Tumblr showed me a song called Islands, by The X X. I fell in love, and decided to make it James and Aleks' song. So, it'll come up in the fic, and yup. I'm fifteen followers away on Tumblr while writing this to revealing my face. Get stoked. ~Abby

PS! Thank you to leeleebah on Tumblr for the idea at the end! It wasn't specifically given to me by her, but I liked it so I used it uwu link in my bio to my blog if you want to submit an idea!

~~~

A clap of thunder blasted outside on the street. I jumped up, startled. It had been raining all week long, which made it difficult to record stuff for the Hub. So, instead, we were recording Creature Game Nights. The normal crew was here, playing Mario Party; Jordan, Eddie, Seamus, Dan and I. 

"God dammit Dan!" Eddie screamed, as Dan got the last star before the finals were given out. I sighed; I hadn't gotten a single one. Only Bowser spaces.

Jordan ended up winning in the end, much to the others dismay. "I always get screwed over in the end!" Eddie complained, grabbing his jacket. It was nearly six o'clock, and everyone wanted to leave in case the storm got any worse. I sighed, watching as their cars pulled their down the street. I was waiting for Aleks to get home from the store, so we could maybe record a new series together with Kevin. But there was no sign of him. I hoped he made it home okay.

I decided to do some housework. The kitchen looked like a bomb had went off, so I went there first. The counters were covered in magazines, game pamphlets, gum wrappers and bottles, not to mention there was food caked on the counters near the stove and fridge. The stove also had a lot of crust on it, that needed scrubbing. The fridge was empty, but the sink wasn't. Plates were piled high. I groaned. This was Aleks' job, not mine.

I walked over to the little radio Aleks had bought in the kitchen. It was nothing special, just a cheap shower one. It hung on the wall next to the whiteboard, where we kept all of the Hub plans. I clicked it to a random station, and blared the music.

Several older songs played while I scrubbed the counters. I wasn't  much of a singer, so I just tapped along with my fingers.

~~~

I finally started washing the dishes when a particular song popped up. I had never heard it before, but it was terrific.

I don't have to leave anymore                                                                          

What I have is right here

Spend my nights and days here

Searching the world for what's right here.

I began tapping my foot while scrubbing the the plates. I began to think of Aleks, and smiled.

Underneath and unexplored

Islands and cities I have looked

Here I saw

Something that I couldn't overlook.

It may have been cheesey, but the song connected to me. I had gone so long, waiting for my beautiful princess to come along. But instead, I found my Prince Charming; Aleks. I then realized something.

I am yours now

So I don't ever have to leave

I've been found out

So now I'll never explore.

I truly loved Aleks. I had already been saying 'I love you' for almost eight months now, but it was auto-pilot; sure at the moment I loved him, but I had never felt this way about him before.

See what I've done

That bridge is on fire;

Going back to where I've been

I'm froze by desire

No need to leave

I couldn't figure out what I was feeling; it was a certain tingling in my stomach, almost like butterflies. But there was more to it than that; there was a hidden meaning. I racked my brain, trying to realize my new feelings.

Where would I be

If this were to go under?

That's a risk I'd take.

I'm froze by desire

No need to leave.

Then it hit me like a slap in the face, one that had been waiting for me to wisen up and think for a while now;

I wanted to be with Aleks forever. I wanted him to truly be mine.

I wanted to marry him.

The plate I was holding slipped out of my hand and crashed to the floor. I blinked stupidly. Did I really want to marry Aleks? I had never wanted to marry anyone, I wasn't one for commitment. If someone did something wrong, I left them. Simple.

But then again, me and Aleks had gone through so much. Between coming out to the rest of the guys, to him smoking, to Lucy, to our matching tattoos, even back to when we had our first date. It all crashed down onto my brain. I'd never felt like this before; I shook the thought to the back of my mind. I would talk to someone about it later. I began to sing along with the song as it wrapped up.

I am yours now

So now I don't ever have to leave

I've been found out

So now I'll never explore...

A pair of arms snaked their way around my waist, accompanied by a head on my shoulder blade

"So now I'll never, explore." Aleks finished off the song in a beautiful voice. The blood rushed to my cheeks. 

"Um... how much of that did you hear?" I asked nervously, picking up the bits of broken ceramic on the floor. "All of it." He chuckled, then looked at the pieces of plate in my hands. "What happened?"

The thought rushed back to the front of my mind, but I pushed it down. "Just went clumsy for a second." I muttered. Aleks gave me a concered look, then changed the subject.

"So... you like The X X?

"The who?

"The X X, they made that song." He laughed, laying down on the couch. "Yeah, I guess I do." I answered. The thought kept battling to stay on my mind, and I struggled to keep it down.

"Hey James?" Aleks mumbled, scooting up on the couch. I kept doing the dishes, but made a noise to let him know I was listening. "Will you cuddle with me?" He asked like a child. I turned to face him, irritaded. "Can't you see I'm doing something?" His eyes grew wide like a dog's, and I sighed. 

"Please James, I'm a radiated Communist child who has cute, fluffy hair," He pouted. I groaned, dropping the plate into the sink. I sulked over and sat down next to him. He snuggled his face into my shirt, looping his arm around my waist and tangled his legs with mine. We laid down on the couch, him on top. He smiled as he slowly drifted off to sleep. When I knew he was out, I smiled, wrapping my hands around his waist. I kissed his so-called 'cute, fluffy hair', pulling him close.

"I love you, Aleksandr Vitaly Marchant. And one day, I will make you mine."