Food and Jobs Chapter 2

I spotted more lights that shifted into a bar; I parked, grabbed my wallet and stepped out of the car. It smelled fantastic, none of that generic or gross frozen crap, just homemade food, southern homemade food. I smiled, stretched and leaned against my car.

Maybe I could live here? All I need to do is blend in, and keep myself in check and I should fit right in. I pulled my hair tie out and ruffled my hair a little bit. Might as well look a little more presentable for a first impression, I put on a light black jacket, dusted off my skinny’s, placed my keys in my jacket pocket and began to walk towards the door. 

“Well hi there" squeaked a voice, I stumbled from surprise. "Oops I'm so sorry" I looked towards where the voice came from and saw a girl around 24 years old, blond, black shorts and a white tee shirt. 

She came up towards me dusting her hands off together with a big smile on her face, she was petite and her smile was warming.

"Hi “I waved at her "it's alright you just caught me by surprise really" I smiled.

“well I'm sorry, it’s just..." she tilted her head to the side and looked at me for a moment. Ummm kinda weird, but I could hear something... Her thoughts loudly in her head. 'I can't hear her thoughts? Could she be a vampire' I wanted to laugh, so she's a mind reader?

There's no way she's going to be able to read my thoughts. I smiled at her.

“It’s just that I've never seen you around before," she continued with a small puzzled look on her face, 

“oh well ha I just arrived here moments ago, " I lightly shrugged. " so I'm new here" oh crap its high school all over again and I’m the weird chick again.

“Aw well I'm sookie, sookie Stackhouse. Welcome to Bon Tomps..." she trailed off.

“Scarlett" I finished, and nodded.

“Scarlett? That's a pretty name!" she exclaimed. I giggled at her outburst.

“thanks, sookie is a very unique name tho" I smiled she smiled brightly back.

“Oh my stars you must be hungry, and here I am holding you back from a good meal" she said in her southern accent. 

“No worries, I don't mind making new friends" I shrugged. She smiled even bigger, if that even possible probably because I called her 'friend'. This girl is intriguing. 

“well come on in then, I can introduce you to new people." she grabbed my hand and pulled me inside the bar. Once We walked inside the bar, I saw a lot of people sitting down and enjoying their food ,the bar itself was really cool, there were different signs, really nice wood furniture as I looked around, I noticed some people staring at me.

Why wouldn't they? They probably stare at all of the outsiders. Sookie pulled me towards an empty booth and I could feel their eyes following me. I wonder if I said 'take a picture it'll last longer' that they actually will. I smirked to myself and sat down comfortably in the booth.

"Let me bring u a menu alright?" sookie said Then she walked off to the side . It was obvious that she was a waitress; I mean she and all the other waitress were dressed the same, black shoes, white shirt, and black shorts. She came back a few moments later with the menu.

"I'll be right back, I'm just gonna take someone else’s order " she said I just nodded. I don't want to be mean but I don't really need to be baby sat, I blew my bangs from out of my face and looked over the menu.

It was in a plastic cover, and had the name 'Merlotte’s Bar and Grill' printed in the front. The paper itself was a mixture of browns and greens, and consisted of really good sounding food. I didn't know what to choose. I was studying over it when sookie came back over.

"Did you decide what you want yet?" she asked me. I shook my head and sighed. But then I was about to answer when she had that same look from earlier on her face, from when she was trying to read my mind. 'Is she really still trying to read it? I guess if I don't let her she’ll probably find it suspicious...' 

"umm well" I started, I let the block around my thoughts down so she could read my mind, 'I'm not sure as to what I should get' I said in my mind nonchalantly I saw her facial expressions change into relief." everything looks really good " I said. She smiled at me.

"How about I get you some chili and a burger?" she asked. I smiled and thought 'sounds really good'

“That would be awesome" I said out loud she nodded and walked away happily. I concentrated a bit and put the block back up. Apparently it's normal for her to be able to read other peoples’ minds. I was off in my own little world when I noticed someone walking up to me.

~~~^^^^^ alright jello loves, well here is my second chapter i swaer to bob that it will get better lol rate it pleaase lol love ya^^^^^~~~~~~~~~~~

*songs of the day*

-Black veil brides- the Legacy

-Black Veil Brides- kinves and pens

-Metric - Give me sympathy