He is the Love of my Many Lives(Prologue)

Hey yall! My mind was wanderering today and I wrote a prologue for something new. I'm not going to stop writing Immortally in Love but I just thought I would post what I wrote. Hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue

My whole body ached for him.

His face was constantly flashing in my mind. Reminders of his scent were always wafting my way. My skin itched for his soft touch and my bones wrestled against me wishing to go find him.

I can't. He doesn't want me to find him. I'd hurt him too much.

The second he walked away from me that gloomy day, I knew I had made a mistake.

No, I did the right thing. The farther away from me he was; the safer he was. I've been in hiding for too long. They would come looking for me soon and they would hurt anyone in their way. I couldn't let them hurt Luke!

I rolled over in my big empty bed and stretched out my arm where he used to lay. A tear rolled down my cheek and onto the fluffy white pillow.

"I'm so sorry Luke," I whispered to myself knowing that there was no possible way he could hear me.

A flash of light filled the dark room. It was storming outside. I could hear the rain pelting against my window. I loved storms when I was a little girl, but right now I hated everything that used to make me happy.

I began to drift to sleep when a car door slamming interrupted the melodic falling of the rain. The sound made me jump out of bed and run to the window. I peeked through the blinds that were blocking my view and saw and old white Ford truck sitting in front of my apartment. The pain that was overwhelming my heart turned into a burning flame of nerves.

It wasn't just any old truck; it was Luke's truck. I would recognize it anywhere. I used to make fun of him for the palm tree that hung from his rearview mirror, and it was still hanging there.

I tore my eyes away from the truck when I heard the knock at my front door. I stumbled around frantically while I tried to find some pants on my messy floor. I hadn't cleaned once since I made him leave; which was about two weeks ago.

I managed to find some pants quickly and ran to the front door. My mind was racing.

He came back! He does love me! I was practically jumping when I opened the door.

The smile that was on my face faded as I saw who it was. A tall man wearing a black trench coat stood outside my door. The collar of his coat was popped and stood up grazing his jaw line. His eyes were pitch black and a horrible smile spread across his face when he realized who I'd been expecting.

I glanced from the man to the truck when it clicked in my mind. "No.." My hands and knees started shaking as I tried to gulp down breaths of air.

"Yes, Kalina," the man's voice was dark and evil. "We have him, and if you would like to see him again you are going to have to come with me." He held out his hand; inviting me to leave with him.

Normal humans wouldn't have dared leave with this creepy man, but I wasn't scared of him. He was the same as me.

A shapeshifter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pleeeeeeeeeaase let me know what you think!!!

I'm not sure if I should keep going with it so vote and comment if you want me to or else I might not finish it;). BWAHAHA