He is the Love of my Many Lives (Chapter 3)

So here's the long awaited Chapter 3 hahah :)

I hope you guys like it!!

Let me know what you think and if you want me to continue.

Chapter 3

I didn't know if I was dead or alive when I first woke up. There were bright lights shining in my face. My eyes squinted in pain. A groan escaped from my lips as I lifted my arm to shield my eyes.

I saw Leo standing in the doorway of the room. I glanced away when our eyes met. I looked back and he was gone.

I looked around the room. It looked like a hospital room, but instead of nurses and doctors there was the High Council and the guards.

The H.C. were standing to the left in a deep conversation. William was completely turned away from me. One of his right-hand-men was Troy. Troy's never really spoken to me all the times I've seen him. All the times they've tried to get me to join their pack.

The other man was Mathias. Springy red curls fell around his face. His skin was a porcelain color with two splashes of color on his cheeks. Mathias was curtious every time I had seen him but he didn't say anything to me during the meeting earlier.

The bright lights flicked off and I saw a pixie like face staring down at me.

"Wakey, wakey," She smiled.

She was a member of the guard. A new one at that. She had short bright red hair and was about my height. Her gray eyes and her shiny white teeth twinkled in the light.

"Luke," His name was the only thing I could say. I had scanned the whole room but had seen no sight of him. I watched the girl drop her head looking a little sad.

"Don't worry," she whispered only loud enough for me to hear. "I wouldn't let them kill him."

A flood of relief washed over my body.

"Where is he?" I whispered back to her.

She didn't reply. Just looked down at the bed I was laying in.

"Kalina," I heard William's voice to my left. "You're awake." He sounded like he was greeting one of his loved ones. I cleared my throat before I spoke.

"Yes I am." I looked towards him.

He was standing by a sink with his two right-hand-men on either side of him. They are always together. William stepped forward breaking their line and walked over to my bed.

"You are a brave girl Kalina," he said looking down at me on the bed.

"I will always protect the people I love," I sneered back at him. I didn't want to hear his compliments right now.

"A good trait that is," he said nodding his head. "You know, I've never seen anyone in my whole existence, morph into air." His eyebrows raised getting right to the point. "Mathias's specialty is morphing into Earth objects like trees and rocks. But we've never seen a shift into any other element, such as air."

"And now you want to keep me as a pet I'm guessing?" I said through my teeth, anger pumping in my viens.

"No dear, not a pet." He said smiling. "You're so much more than that." He reached over and patted my hand before backing away.

William walked to the door with Troy and Mathias on his heels.

"Where's Luke?" I asked before he stepped out of the room.

"We took him back home," William said. Another flood of relief washed over my body. "We did have to wipe his memory though"

My heart stopped.

"You WIPED his memory?!" I yelled.

"Yes, now if you'll excuse me I have more important things to tend to than answering questions about a human." The three men that I hated so much right now walked out of the door.

My eyes filled up with tears and I threw my hands to my face.

They wiped his memory.

He has no clue who I am.

He doesn't love me anymore.

My lungs gasped for air causing the flimsy hospital bed to shake.

A hand grabbed mine from my face causing me to look up.

It was the girl. She had stayed by my side the whole time. She leaned forward.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered. Tears were glistening in her eyes as well.

I leaned up and threw my arms around her crying into her shoulder.

She patted my back and said everything was going to be okay.

I looked back up. The room was now empty of the rest of the guards and now it was just me and her.

"I'm Evelyn," she said wiping away some tears that had escaped from her eyes. "But you can call me Eve."

"Eve," I said. "Thank you so much for saving his life." My eyes stung and I knew that they were puffy.

"I told them I was going to leave the guard if they did," she let out a chuckle.

"Why?" I asked in shock.

"I know what feels like to lose someone you love," She glanced down at her. My eyes followed hers and landed on the ring on her finger. Glimmers shined off of the diamonds that were in the shape of a heart.

The room was silent for a second before Eve got my attention.

"Are you hungry?" She asked cocking her head to the left.

"Actually," I replied. "I am."

"I'm going to go get you some food." She got up from her chair and walked out of the room gracefully.

I was in the room alone.

Alone with the beeping of my heart monitor. My eyes wandered the room again and fell upon the man in the doorway.

My breathing cut off and I grabbed at my thoat gasping for air.

"Why did you step in front of me?" Leo asked.

I took a couple of breaths before answering.

"Why do you care?" I sneered. "You beat the shit out of me! Why not a stab to the chest?"

"I don't care." He crossed his arms over his chest. "I just want to know why you did it."

"I fucking love him! That's why!" I couldn't control my anger. He was the perfect person to take everything out on since most of it is his fault.

"How can you love a human?" His voice was disgusted.

"Well, I look like a human. I live like a human. I don't live down in a cave like monsters. I feel more like a human than I feel like one of you. I'm sorry that you can't find anyone to love you and that you don't know what love feels like."

Leo stared into my eyes; his eyes full of hatred.

"You may be special," he said through gritted teeth. "But you will NEVER be one of us."

"Good," I snorted. "I never wanted to be anyways."

Leo turned and walked out the door. A couple of seconds later Eve walked through the door with a tray of food in her hands.

I gulped it down. I must have been more hungry than I thought.

"Eve," I said after I was done eating. "You've got to get me out of here."

"I'm sorry," she said looking down. "But I can't do that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE please PLEASE please PLEASE let me know what you think!

Vote and comment.

Comment and vote.