Stranded (A Story of Survival, Love, and Mystery) Ch. 2

Hey guys!

I sincerely apologize for the wait I have put you guys through. But I had a bunch of family in for Thanksgiving and I was busy EATING and other things ;) hehe.

The wait is over!! Chapter 2! :-D

Chapter 2

-Brian-

"Crystal!" I yelled shaking her harder. I glanced around at everyone else's faces.

Some were crying. Some had their heads in their hands. Some just watched me; their faces blank of expressions.

I looked back down at Crystal. Her eyes were closed, but I know the color of the irises that lay underneath her lids. The most marvelous color of brown I have ever seen. The kind of eyes you would love to get lost in. The eyes that I get lost in every time I look into them.

I sighed and dropped my head, a tear swelling in my eye.

A groan came from below me.

"Crystal?" I said excitedly leaning over her.

I could feel her breath on my face as I watched her eyes slowly open to look at me.

"Brian.." Crystal whispered. "Wh-what happened?"

I grabbed Crystal's hand that was laying by her side and held it to my chest.

"I thought you were dead," I said breathlessly. All of the sadness in my heart started to fill with warmth again.

"Nope," she said quietly. A weak smile spread across her face. "Still alive and kickin'." The smile faded as her face cringed. "But in pain." She raised her empty hand to the side of her head. "I must have hit my head pretty hard."

"That's why I thought you were dead. I'm surprised you're not even bleeding." I released her hand from my chest and rubbed my fingers over the spot where her hand just was.

"Mmm.." Crystal moaned as she closed her eyes. Her lips curled up into a smile.

-Max-

I anxiously glanced around at all of the faces sitting in the raft with me. I saw Brian carrying Crystal while we were trying to exit the sinking plane, but they aren't here. They must be on the other raft. I hope she's okay.

Crystal and I have been friends since the third grade; when I was the new kid in town. I've seen every side of her, except for the one I longed for. She always thought of me as her brother; nothing more, and it crushes me but I won't give up.

I turned my head to look at the ocean but someone blocked my view.

A girl was sitting next to me.

She had curly blonde hair that was wet. Actually, her whole body was soaked. Violent shivers shook through her body. Her face was flawless except for the anger that contorted it.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, her head flicking up to look at me.

"What's wrong?!" She said through her teeth. "Our plane just crashed into the ocean. That's what's wrong you idiot!" Her face cheeked flushed a scarlet color, as she turned her head away from me.

"Just thought I'd ask," I said crossing my arms over my chest. "I thought it was weird to see a girl that looked angry right now instead of scared." I chuckled at the end; getting the girl's attention again.

She turned her head back towards me, flicking her soaked blonde curls out of her face. A little droplet of water landed on my cheek and I wiped it off. The scarlet had faded from her cheeks.