He is the Love of my Many Lives (Chapter 2)

Hey yall!

Don't forget to read the Prologue and Chapter 1 if you haven't yet! :)

Chapter 2

I tossed and turned in my sleep. Images kept flashing in my mind of the guy that beat the shit out of me.

I woke up and looking around the unfamiliar cave once again. Luke was sitting in the same corner.

"Luke.." I choked out.

Luke's head sprung up; a worried look was plastered on his face.

"Kalina!!" He ran over to my bed and took my hand in his. "You were asleep for so long. I had to check on you so many times to make sure you were still....still-"

"Alive?" I finished his sentence for him since he couldn't manage to spit out his sentence. "I'm alive Luke. More alive now than ever." I smiled and sat up.

The pain that was piercing my ribs the last time I was awake was slightly better now. I could actually move without wincing in pain.

"Well I guess I'll get back to my corner," he let go of my hand and started to walk away.

"Why?" I asked him; confusion in my voice.

"Kalina," he sighed and then turned back around to face me. His face had a little more color in it, but it was still lifeless. "Do you not remember that night?" His face turned from one of sadness to fury. "You broke my heart. You didn't even give me a legitimate reason. I walked away from you that night wanting to DIE Kalina."

I knew I had broken his heart. I had broken my heart too. I hurt myself to keep him safe. Turns out it didn't do any good because now we are prisoners in this damned cave.

"I had to Luke!" I scrambled in the bed reaching for him. "They were coming for me! The people that took you! The people that took me!" Tears began to fill my eyes. I tried to blink them away but they insisted on falling over my cheeks. "I was trying to keep you safe. They would have killed you Luke. I couldn't bear to live knowing that you died because of me.." My voice cracked at the end.

I completely let myself go. I curled my hands into fists, so angry at myself. I was sobbing uncontrollably.

"I'm. so. Sorry. Luke." I gasped for breath between every word, trying to control my voice. "I love you."

When I said those words Luke's face brightened in color. His cheeks were wet with tears, as were mine. He approached the bed again.

"I love YOU Kalina," he stared into my eyes. He sat next to me on the bed. He smelled like he hadn't showered in days (which I'm sure he hadn't) but I didn't care.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him to me. I buried my face in his neck and began to cry again. He wrapped his hand in my hair and slowly rubbed my back with the other.

"Shh..It's okay," He whispered. "I'm here." I lifted my head to look at him. Our faces were only a couple inches apart.

"You are here," I smiled. "I thought I would never see you again."

Luke leaned in and pressed his familiar lips against mine. I forgot was it was like to kiss him. Caught up in the moment I pushed my body closer to his. His tongue grazed my bottom lip asking for entry. He pried my mouth open and our kiss deepened. A moan escaped from his lips after my tongue stroked his.

"Excuse me," a deep voice interrupted our kiss causing Luke to jump off me into a protective stance. Silly boy, didn't he know I should be the one protecting him?