Reincarnations -Ch. 3-

Alright, this is the last reincarnation that is introduced. The next chapters will be telling the story of what happened through the rest of them.

Sorry for the longass wait. I've been hooked on Assassin's Creed 2. hehe.

Please let me know what you think. I hope yall are still interested in the story!

Chapter 3

3000 A.D. - Galactic Space Station - Jenica

I flicked my eyes away from Stone in embarrassment. I was staring at him, and he totally caught me. My cheeks flushed red, but Stone broke the awkward silence.

"It's nice to meet you Jenica," Stone's crystal voice filled my ears. I turned my head back to look at him and saw he was holding out his hand.

"Right back at you," I said grabbing his hand, still looking at him. Stone smiled and my mind went fuzzy again. Have I seen him before?

I dropped my hand from his grasp. The way his teeth shone in the light, and the way his eyes sparkled as they looked into mine almost made me faint. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Have I met you before Stone?" I asked him.

"Not unless you've ever been down to the Atlantic Water Base on Earth," Stone said, doubt in his tone.

Of course he was doubtfull. Earth was light years away. I've never had a reason to leave the Space Station.

"Nope," I said. "Born and raised in space, Merman."

Stone's eyes flicked to me with curiosity. "Merman?" He didn't seem offended by this. Most people at the water base would be. "Is that what you aliens call us?" The same familiar smile spread across his face.

"And you call us aliens?" I chuckled. Stone seemed very amused by all of this.

Linc cleared his throat beside us, breaking up our conversation.

"Sorry to interrupt," he said, looking annoyed. "But Jenica still has another session to do today so we need to get this going." Linc pointed to the open room behind him.

"Okay," I yelled raising up my arms. "I surrender!"

Stone chuckled, but Linc rolled his eyes. I walked over to the bed and the pair of goggles I was just using, with Stone following close behind me.

"This is the Reincarnation Machine" I said waving my hand like I was showing a prize. "Also known as the R.I.M. You've been told about it yes?"

"Yes, but-" Stone looked the bed up and down. "But how does it work?"

"Think of it as hypnotism." Linc said. Stone turned around to look at him. "Back in the 20th century when we didn't have this kind of technology; they used to use hypnotism to trace back to our past reincarnations." Linc started to make his way around the other side of the bed. "You see, when you're in a hypnotic state, your mind can revisit times that your subconscious has blocked out."

"But, how do you know if what you're seeing is real or fake?" Stone said, turning his head to look at me. His bright blue eyes almost made me shudder.

"That's why we've created the R.I.M," I said, patting my hand onto the buzzing metal box next to the bed. "It filters out real from imaginary and dreams from memories."

Stone smiled at the fact that I was this smart. Can't a girl be pretty AND smart?

"If you have any more questions you can ask me," Linc said. "Jenica has to get started again." He flicked his eyes to me and nodded towards the bed.