What Could Have Been (T.M.T.Eyes Sequel) Ch. 1

Just a reminder:

The prologue is an excerpt from a chapter later in the story. Chapter 1 is the begining.

Just in case you get confused:)

Chapter 1

~Emma's POV~

"I'll be back later," I said as I opened the door of Tye's house. I closed it shut behind me, as the cold air hit my face almost making me regret stepping outside.

When Addy left to L.A. I moved in with Tye. His parents were never home so it felt like it was our own house. I loved Tye and I loved being with him, but I felt like there was something missing.

Addy.

I miss her so much. Sometimes I feel like I made the wrong choice, like I should have gone to L.A. with her.

I shook the thoughts out of my head as I reached my car. Quickly, I got in slamming the door, trapping the cold air outside.

As I drove to town I passed my house and old high school. Things have changed so much.

Addy's out making a life for herself and I'm still in the same old shitville.

I pulled up in front of Max's Heel Emporium. Today felt like a day to bless my beautiful feet with heels to match.

As I walked to the front door I noticed someone who looked familiar. Her long dreadlocked hair hung past her shoulders, with a scarf draped around it. It was the gypsy.

I walked over to her. I thought she might be a little shocked, but she recognized me. A smile spread across her face.

"Hello Emma," She said bowing her head to me. Earrings in the shape of moons dangled from her ears.

"Hi," I said. I reached up and messed with my hair nervously. "I never got a chance to say thank you."

"Thank you for what my dear?" Her eyebrows raised in curiosity.

"For that potion that you gave my sister," I said looking into her eyes. They were a piercing gray; almost magical looking. "It worked and if it wasn't for you I don't think Addy and I would have ever made up."

"Ah, I see." Her eyes examined my face and then she spoke again. "Then why do you look so sad?"

Geez! This lady really is a psychic!

"I'm not really sad," I said looking away from her gaze. "More along the lines of confused."

"Confusion is a horrible trick of the mind," She said nodding her head. "But do not let it get the best of you."

"Great advice lady." I rolled my eyes. "That's kind of hard when it's the only thing I think about. Whether I made the right choice or not. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like now if I decided to do something else."

It was as if I gave the gypsy and idea. As soon as I finished she began to rummage through the bag that was hanging around her shoulder. She smiled when she found what she was looking for.

"Take this," She said handing me a black box.

I took the box from her hands and examined it. The edges were a little worn, but what could be inside? I started to lift the top of the box when she interrupted me.

"Open it on your own time," Her voice rang. "But remember, everything happens for a reason."

I looked down in my purse to find some money to give to her, but when I looked up she had dissapeared. What a weird lady.