Stranded (A Story of Survival, Love, and Mystery) Ch. 1

Alrighty.

I've finally written the first Chapter of Stranded. Just to let you know I changed the title, obviously haha.

Bare with me when it comes to the plane crash. I myself have never been in one so I don't exactly know what's like.

Anyways, I hope you guys like the start of this story. If you do than I'll continue :-D

BTW: I'm going to post a song for yall to listen to while you read for every Chapter. I think it gives special effects ;)

The song is: Planes by Jason Mraz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KmEijRUBq8)

(Ten minutes before the plane crashed)

-Crystal-

I was sitting in seat 12 A. Brian sat in seat 11 A.

Selected members of our senior class were on their way to France for our senior trip. A couple of teachers were aboard our flight but mostly it was just students.

The Notebook was one of the movie choices that the crew chose for tonight's long flight to France. Some of the students were passed out, some talking, and some like Brian and I were watching the movie with earphones in.

The Notebook and I were best frenemies. I love it because it's so romantic, but then again, I hate it because it's so romantic. Why can't any of that happen to me?

I looked at Brian out of the corner of my eye and saw that he was sleeping. Sleep sounds good right now. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the cold window of the plane, letting my mind wander off to my happy place.

*FLASHBACK*

I was working at the Café like I had been doing for the past two years. I'd been working there since I was sixteen, so I was pretty much given manager duties even though I was too young to be an actual manager. Every Saturday morning was so boring because no one ever came in; they had better things to do on the weekend then come in and get coffee.

Every Saturday morning was boring until Brian started to come in.

He came in for the first time six months ago and I was filled with nerves as he approached the front counter. His dark brown hair fell across his forehead perfectly; short enough to expose his piercing gray eyes. I watched his face as he looked at the menu above me. His jaw line was chiseled and his eyebrows slanted in, as if he was in deep thought over which coffee drink to get.

His eyes darted down to me and he smiled. A straight line of pearly white teeth shined at me making me blush a little bit.

"What's your favorite drink here?" He asked me. He leaned forward and rested his hands on the counter waiting for an answer.

"Um.." I said looking up at the menu. "Even though I don't get to drink any very often, I would have to say the Mon Cheri Mocha."

I heard a chuckle from Brian.

"You don't get to drink them very often?" He asked in disbelief. "But you work here, don't you get a coffee whenever you want?"

"Well yeah," I said quietly. "But we have to pay for them." I rolled my eyes. "That would get pretty pricey overtime." I smiled and he smiled back.

"So the Mon Cheri Mocha huh?" Brian said looking back up at the menu. "Give me two of those."

"Alrighty." I said as I rung them up on the register. I hit the discount button before giving him the total. "It'll be $6.75."

Brian handed me a ten dollar bill and I quickly got his change out of the drawer. Our hands brushed against each other as I placed his change in his hand, sending chills through my body.