Chapter three

Ginny awkwardly stood still as Madam Malkin took all of her measurements, and blushed hard when she was measured around the chest. Harry tried turning away to give them privacy but the damage was done, and the woman had disappeared in search of a perfectly sized robe. Ginny was never one to be self conscious about her lack of curves, but in front of Harry she wouldn't have minded if they were a little more prominent.

Ginny looked as if she was in a daze, as she thought about her future. How amazing her wedding would be, a perfect husband, people would wish to be her...

"Dear?" The witch waved her hand in front of Ginny's face. Snapping out of her trance, Ginny looked at her.

"Y-yes?"

"I just said that this one would probably fit you." Madam Malkin sighed.

Ginny blushed yet again as she took the robe and put it on. It was a normal robe with no house on it seeing as she wasn't sorted yet, and fit perfectly.

"Thank you" Ginny smiled.

"Of course." They paid for the robes and she went to go help another customer. They still needed to get Ginny's wand, so they headed over to Olivander's shop.

Mrs. Weasley led the way into the store but no one was to be seen. And then all of a sudden there was a snap, and an old man stood before them. "Mr. Potter? Back again? Haven't you already a wand? Or did you break it?"

"Oh actually sir we aren't here for me. We're here for her." Harry gestured to Ginny.

"Well that's good." Mr. Olivander said. He peered at Ginny. "Is this a special someone?" He wiggled his eyebrows at Harry.

Without waiting for an answer Mr. Olivander went behind the shelves. "Young love." he sighed. "Now where's my bacon?" He asked a little too loudly. The two children pressed their lips together trying not to laugh. "I mean the wand, where's the wand?" He tried to cover up his mistake but the group already caught a whiff of bacon. Ginny rolled her eyes and they waited for a few more moments before he appeared out from a shelf. "Here I think this is the one!" he said. Mr. Olivander came over to them, took the wand out of the box, and handed it to Ginny. "Try this."

It wasn't her first time at Olivanders as she had always come along when her brothers were getting their school supplies; so she knew exactly what to do. Ginny swished the wand but to her horror it cracked Harry's glasses. "Harry I'm so sorry!" Ginny dropped the wand in fright, burning with embarrassment.

"Don't worry. It's fine" Harry laughed. Mrs. Weasley took them and repaired it. "Thanks Mrs. Weasley." Harry thanked. By then the old wandmaker came back with another wand.

"How about this one?" He asked. Unfortunately once Ginny took hold of the wand, his desk snapped. "No! No! Definitely not! No matter." his eyes suddenly became unfocused.

"It couldn't be..." He murmured. He left and came back with another wand. He carefully took it out and handed it to Ginny. Once she took it, a warm feeling spread all throughout her. Curiously she also felt her heart give a slight twitch. "Yup I think that's the one. It's made of holly and a Phoenix feather for its core." Olivander said with a still slightly lost look. Mrs. Weasley payed for it in all sickles and knuts seeing as they had used their only galleon on the robe.

"Wait Harry what's your wand made out of?" Ginny asked suddenly.

"Holly and Phoenix feather." Harry replied. Ginny's face scrunched up suddenly remembering something she's read before in a book. "What is it Ginny are you okay?"

Trying to be as innocent as she could, Ginny said "It's probably nothing." But as if he could sense that she was lying, he stared at her with a suspecting look on his face. To her relief he didn't press the matter.

"Oh my it's already almost 3! We need to get a spot in line!" Mrs. Weasley hurried towards the growing line at the door to Flourish and Blotts. Harry and Ginny exchanged an exasperated look. It was going to be a long day.