Chapter thirty six

Draco's P.O.V.
A few days have passed since the incident with Harry. It was just me and Hermione in the room. Out of the corner of my eye I was watching her read. I'm not a stalker! You kind of are. No. Yes. No. Yes. There was a fight going on inside my brain. Seriously, who has those? Shaking my head I got up. Summoning up all of my courage I got up and walked up to her.

"Hermione, I realized that I haven't actually...Hermione?" her eyes had that glossy look when she was thinking hard about something else. Quickly, she snapped out of it and looked up.

"Oh. Hi Draco!' She said grinning at me. Trying not to die of frustration, I restarted.

"Hermione I've realized I've never actually asked you out properly. Will you, Hermione Jean Granger, go out with me?" I asked sitting in a chair next to her and holding her hand.

She stroked her chin as if thinking. But he knew she was just trying to torture him. "Of course I will silly!" I picked her up into my arms and spinned her around. We walked out of the room hand in hand to tell everyone the news.

"We are officially together!" Draco announced going into the kitchen where most people were.

"About time!" Harry said.

"Congratulations dears!" Mrs. Weasley, Lily, and Narsisca said.

"Is there any news about my parents?" Hermione asked. Recently they've been trying to find them in Australia.

"I'm sorry. No dear. The ministry is trying as hard as they can to find them." Lily replied sadly. Hermione's eyes started to water. She looked heartbroken. It's been so long since the war and they haven't even found her parents yet? I wished so badly that I could make her happy. But there haven't been any leads on her parents. Nobody has told her yet, but there has been some speculation that they're dead.

We walked up to Bills old room, which is where she was staying. Then a brilliant idea struck me. How did I not think about it before? "Hermione! Come live with me!"

"Smooth." She replied raising her eyebrows.

"No. I mean come to Malfoy Manor with me! We don't have to share the same room if you don't want. But you could have a room across from me!"

"Really?!" Hermione looked excited. Sighing internally with relief I plopped down into her now old bed. "Can I see it? Without being tortured inside?" she asked. My face turned down at that.

"If you don't want to I understand. If it brings too many bad memories you could just stay here." sadly I looked down. My family might've just blown my life.

"Oh! Nononono that's not what I meant! Of course I want to! I already said yes!" Hermione said punching me in the shoulder. "Ow" she muttered.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Positive." She replied. She took my arm and I apparated us away. We appeared in front of the manor. I led the way and opened the door. She gasped in awe. They didn't see much when they were being dragged to the main room, but there was so much to see! She looked around amazed taking in every single design on the walls, furniture, all that stuff.

Hermione started to explore and I trailed after her. This place held bad memories for both of us. My dad torturing me in some rooms. With a belt in my own if I was ever disrespectful to him. My mom didn't like it but was too afraid of my dad to say anything.

We then turned down the hall of my bedroom. "All the way on the end is my moms. To the right is mine, and you can have the one to the left." Not giving her a chance to check out her new room I continued down the hall. "This is our library." I announced.

Hermione gasped "It's amazing!" She looked all around opening random books. When she finally circled back to me she burrowed her way into my arms and looked up at me. "I love it." She whispered putting her head on my chest.

"How did I manage to be so lucky to have you Hermione? What did I do to deserve you?" I murmured stroking her hair. Feeling her smile against my chest made me happy. Scooping her up, I took her to finally see her room. Softly, I put her down on the ground and she grinned. Personally, I thought she was going to the books first, but nope! She plopped right down on the bed. I settled down next to her and looked into her beautiful brown eyes.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you more." I whispered back.

"I love you most!" A cackle emitted from behind us. Hermione looked in horror seeing who was behind me. I turned around not moving too much so I was still covering Hermione. Then I saw...

A.N. this is going to be a very reader active book. If I write in bold at the end of a chapter asking a question please answer! I really am trying to put in what you guys like, and want. This time, who do you think it is? Or who do you want it to be? At any point in the book if you want a certain characters P.O.V. please just ask! I will definitely try to put it in. Thanks so much!