Chapter fifty three

Over the next week I spent most of it exploring my new abilities and how it affected my magic. Surprisingly I was still as strong as I was before physically and magically. Harry was unfortunately at work a lot of the time. He left early in the morning and got back after the common dinner time.

I had just seen him off as he left for work and began to clear the dishes. All of a sudden I could feel bile rising in my throat. Quickly I sprinted over to the bathroom and threw up. Once it had finished I flushed the toilet and brushed my teeth when suddenly a thought occurred to me. It couldn't be...

I raced to our small library and found the book that I needed. Furiously I scanned through the pages until I found the right one. "Puer revelare." I whispered and waved my wand in the correct movement. It glowed purple and I gasped. I was pregnant. Many thoughts were going through my mind and I shook it to clear it. Have to tell Harry.

"Not feeling well. No rush but it would be appreciated if you came home for a little bit." I said to my patronus satisfied. The glowing horse nodded and leapt out of the window to deliver the message to Harry. I settled down on the couch in the meantime and put a blanket over me. A minute later Harry burst through the door.

"Ginny are you okay?" He looked around frantically as if ready to see my body have fainted on the floor.

"It's fine Harry. I'm right here." I rolled my eyes. Harry instantly went to my side and held my hand.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I threw up." I said simply.

"And?"

"I missed my period for a week."

"What's that?" He asked confused.

"You're ridiculous." I sighed. "Anyways it means...or well I think it does...I'm pregnant." I finished with my voice barely a whisper. Anxiously I scanned his face waiting for a reaction.

"Ginny that's wonderful!" Harry picked me up of the couch by my waist and spun me around. I laughed and he set me back down gently.

"Can we not tell the others until later?" I asked.

"We can wait as long as you want love." Harry smiled. "Let me tell Dad I'm taking the rest of the day off to care for you."

"I have a few fun things we can do." I grinned.

"Like?"

"You'll see." Harry sent of the message to his Dad and turned to me expectantly. "Don't you think you should take it easy?"

"It'll be fine. Now get on!" I laughed. Eagerly he climbed on my back and felt as light as a fly.

"Let's go!"

"If you insist." I smirked evilly before taking off. He yelled in excitement and we flew through the fields. Occasionally I would jump and do a flip in the air or something. In the distance we could see the house and I sighed content. He hopped off and I sat down beside him. I grunted and looked down curiously at my stomach. It already seemed bigger. Much more than it should be after one week.

"Ginny are you alright?" Harry asked concerned.

"I can feel it..." I murmured amazed. Slightly I could make out the tiny kicks on the inside of my stomach and the bump was already more pronounced.

"Ginny we should tell them." Harry said doubtfully.

"No. I'll be fine." I shook my head and he sighed exasperatedly.

"Well at least don't move around as much. Nobody knows how a half vampire baby develops."

"I'll be fine." I said and got up. Suddenly a wave of excitement and realization fell over me. "We're having a kid!"

"I know!" Harry picked me up by the waist and twirled me around. I laughed and he pulled me close to him.

"I love you so much." I whispered.

"I love you too." he sighed and held me tight. I had plenty of every left so I had him get on piggyback style. In a flash I zoomed back to the house and ran up it. Once I reached the roof I ran in circles on the side of it. To me everything was moving in slow motion. I could see the dust coming up as each footstep touched the ground. Ignoring the fact that I was pregnant I did more laps around the house. It felt exhilarating.

Finally I stopped in front and Harry got off. Even though he didn't do anything but hold on, he was out of breath. Gently I rested my head on his chest and could hear his heartbeat racing at a million miles an hour. Breathing in his intoxicating scent was now more comforting than before. His hand cupped my cheek and I looked up into his eyes. "What did I do to deserve you?" Harry said in the faintest whisper.

"Everything." I captured his lips with mine and he smiled into it. For a moment we were peaceful and happy. Nothing else in the world mattered than us. He scooped me up without breaking contact and carried me back to our room.

"Sleep now my love." I wrapped my arms around him afraid he would vanish into thin air. Harry's muscled tightened as he held me to him and I relaxed. Sleep quickly overtook me and I fell into a peaceful slumber.