Chapter fifty six

Harry's P.O.V
How could one be so peaceful? They successfully got the baby out and she was a beautiful baby boy. I decided to wait for Ginny to wake up so we could name him together. He was currently in my arms and I looked down affectionately at him. His brown eyes that looked just like Ginny's stared up curiously at me, and he already had messy tufts of brown hair that he must've gotten from my grandfather.

Ginny twitched and I immediately knelt at her side. "Ginny love, can you hear me?" I asked. The rest of our family were either at work or eating lunch.

"Harry?" She groaned and her eyelashes fluttered.

"Yes. It's me." I said relieved and brushed her hair back behind her ear.

"What happened?"

"The baby was so ready to come out it scratched the inside of your stomach. At least that's what the doctors said."

"Is the baby okay?" Ginny asked and tried to sit up quickly in search of her child but fell back to the bed with a thump.

"Of course. He's right here." I gently placed our baby boy into her arms and her gaze softened at the bundle of joy.

"He's perfect." Ginny whispered.

"What do you want to name him?" I asked.

"James. You can pick the middle name."

"James Sirius Potter." I smiled and looked down at James. Though his appearance reminded me nothing of my Dad, I could already see a glimmer of mischief in his eyes.

"We're just asking him to turn out as a prankster aren't we?" Ginny sighed.

"Is that such a bad thing?"

"I guess we'll see."

"Should I go get the others?" I asked.

"Sure. I'll stay here with the ba-" Ginny was however cut off as everyone returned.

"Ginny!" Molly ran forward to embrace Ginny in a hug quickly followed by her husband, and my mom. Everyone else crowded around the bed.

"I'm fine mum." Ginny laughed. Hermione smiled seeing her friend was well. Remus was teaching at Hogwarts, Arthur at the ministry, and Draco was attending to other patients in the hospital as he had gotten a job here. Fortunately Sirius, Tonks, and Dad were coming in during their lunch break at the same moment.

"We've decided to name him James Sirius Potter." I announced. Dads smile widened and Sirius looked delighted.

"We're going to make a marauder out of him. I promise." Sirius said siriusly.

"You better not be teaching him pranks before he can even walk." Mom said crossly.

"Only joking." Dad kissed mom on the forehead reassuringly but his facial expression said otherwise.

"Let me see him!" Molly took James gently from Ginny and cooed at him. Mom had her turn soon after with Dad and Sirius crowding around her. Then Hermione got to hold him and Tonks looked happily at him.

"He'll have so much fun with Teddy once they're all grown up at Hogwarts!" Tonks grinned.

"Hopefully they get along well." Ginny said.

"Are you alright?" I asked concerned. Ginny had become a bit pale and looked quite tired.

"I'm fine. Just need a little rest is all."

"We should probably call in a healer." I said looking guiltily at the button to call them. I told them I would press it as soon as she woke up. Oops. Mom pressed it for me and they turned to leave.