Chapter thirty nine

Harry's P.O.V.
How could she look so peaceful? They changed Hermione out of her clothes and into some fresh ones. It looked like our second year, when she was petrified by the basalisk but with her eyes closed. She slipped into a coma from the loss of blood. The Weasleys came, and left but I wanted to stay by her side. She was my best friend.

The healer hurried in to take a look at her, as they did everyday. "Mr. Malfoy is awake and on his way." She told me on her way out. Hermione still had scars on herself from the Sectumsempra spell that hit her. For a brief moment, I considered putting a spell to cover it up but decided against it.

Then, Draco burst into the room. His body was covered in bruises but that didn't stop him from sprinting over to Hermione's side. Tears were streaming down his face and he held her hand. Silently, I got up and left knowing he probably wanted some privacy.

Once I got outside I realized how hungry I was. I hadn't eaten in a long time. So I dragged myself over to the cafeteria.

Draco's P.O.V.
Darkness was covering my vision. Groggily, I opened my eyes to see a healer around me. With a jolt I remembered everything that happened at the Manor. Bellatrix cursing me, to Hermione being thrown out of the room. Hermione...

"Hermione!" I shouted sitting up. The healer hurried away to do who knows what. I didn't care. Tossing off the covers, I sprinted as fast as I could to-wait where was I going? I tried different doors until I came to one that had Harry in it. My heart fluttered as I saw her bushy hair in front of Potter.

The sight of her broke my heart. I ran as fast as I could up to her bed and broke down sobbing. Not caring that Potter was watching me I held her and cried. It was all my fault. If I didn't take her to the Manor, none of this would've happened. She had scars all over her body!

Days passed, and Hermione still didn't wake up. They brought me food, that I left untouched. Eventually, it stopped coming.

Suddenly I felt a movement under my hand. My eyes snapped up to see her shifting. Slowly her eyes started to open and her hazel eyes stared up at the ceiling. But to my horror, she started to scream. Her body started convulsing in spasms. Healers started to rush in and I got swept to the side. I was in no fit state to help them. They performed spells, and finally the screaming subsided.

As I went up to her, she opened her eyes and looked at me.

"Draco." She whispered.

"I'm right here." I said coming to her side and sitting down.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I replied softly. Hermione eventually fell asleep again and I left the room. The Weasleys and Potters were waiting with worried faces.

"She's going to be okay." I announced.

"We heard screams." Harry said.

"It must've been from the pain. You all saw how beaten up her body was. Probably feels better being asleep than awake." I informed.

Triumphant that Hermione was awake, I went down the hall to eat for the first time in forever.