Chapter fifty eight

We walked through the brick wall which had separated and paused. This moment felt surreal. A very long time ago we were entering together as friends who didn't know of their soul bond, and now we're entering as a married couple that had a child.

"Mr. Potter! It's so amazing to meet you! And you too Mrs. Potter! Can I have your autographs?" A bright young boy asked excitedly as he approached us taking care to not trip over his feet.

"Of course." Harry smiled. He took the quill and signed the boy's paper and I did the same after.

"Thank you so much!" The boy who never told us his name walked away with a huge grin on his face. As we walked through back to his family other witches and wizards started to notice us as we made our way down the alley. After shaking many hands, and signing many papers, we finally made it to Olivanders.

"Mr. Potter? Ms. Weasley? Well I guess it's Mrs. Potter now. How marvelous to see you both!" Mr. Olivander greeted cheerfully as he emerged from behind a shelf.

"Nice to see you too. How've you been doing?" I asked politely. Even after all these years I could detect a scent of bacon. (If you remember the incident that happened towards the beginning of the book involving bacon you're an amazing person and have a fantastic memory!)

"Very well. After I finally returned to my shop there was a lot of changed to be made in the Alley. Some stores never reopened and other shops moved in to replace them. Your brothers shop however is thriving." Mr. Olivander said.

"Do you still remember what wand my father got from you? You said you remember every wand you've ever sold." Harry asked satisfied that he would stump the old wand-maker.

"Eleven inches, made of Mahogany, Dragon heartstring for the core, and was very pliable." Mr. Olivander replied with a grin.

"You will never cease to amaze me." I shook my head and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes we'll thanks for visiting but you must keep moving. I have customers waiting to get a wand but can't come in as you have your...er...fan club waiting for you both." Mr. Olivander looked out through his window and we followed his gaze. As he said, there were many people waiting outside looking at us eagerly.

"I guess we'll be on our way then. Nice to see you!" Harry and I waved goodbye and walked out of the shop. Slowly we made our way over to Fred and George's shop and entered.

"Welcome to our shop! We didn't know you would both be coming or else we would've been a little more prepared to show you our newest additions." Fred laughed.

"We have plenty of time. So please show us everything because I don't want to go out again to them." I laughed and inclined my head over to the people starting to press in on the windows to get a glimpse of us.

"I see. Very well let's get started." George clapped his hands together and led the way over to some new explosive devices. "These are our Expelobombs. We mostly call it that because if you set it off in school you'll get expelled."

"Why what'd does it do?" Harry asked.

"It acts like the equivalent of a quarter of the damage a nuclear bomb would do." Fred guessed.

"We had to perform our experiments for these in the desert. However for this item you'll have to go through many background checks which will take about a week or two before we will call the customer back to get them assuming it's all clear." George explained.

"Very interesting." Harry nodded.

"Now let's move on to this section..." Fred and George took turns showing us everything that they had created since the last time we had been there. Harry and I took a couple of items to use. Especially ones to help with babies. They had recently started a baby resource line just for Harry and I.

"You're sure you don't want us to pay for this?" Harry asked.

"Positive." George nodded firmly.

"Not even a little bit?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No! Now get going. We must see to other customers!" Fred grinned and shooed us out the door. Grudging we left the shop and it was nearing dinner time.

"Where do you want to go for dinner?" Harry asked.

"Hmm. Maybe we could go eat in the pub?"

"Sounds brilliant! We could say hello to Tom while we're there as well."

"Yes. That's true." I nodded. Hand in hand we walked to the Leaky Cauldron and took our seats after ordering.

"Did you enjoy today?" Harry asked.

"I did. It was a nice break from the world. No problems, no fighting for our lives from a threat. Just peace." I smiled. Harry nodded and we looked over eagerly at the food that was coming towards us. Harry had ordered the specialty chicken sandwich and I ordered a bloody steak.

"Thank you." Harry said to the waitress who looked very nervous. She successfully got our food onto the table before leaving. However she almost tripped over her feet on her way back to the kitchen. I dig into my steak and it was absolutely delicious! There was no time to talk as I spent all of it shoveling in more and more of my food. Harry had the same situation so we sat in a comfortable silence. We finished at around the same time. I had to take a few more bites of my meal but we finished.

"I'm so full." I groaned and wiped my mouth with a napkin. Eating these bloody meats in public never worked out well.

"Me too." Harry said. "Charge the meal to my Gringotts vault please."

"No no. This meal is on the house." Tom smiled and waved away the offer.

"Thank you so much." I said. Harry took my hand and we walked out of the pub.

"Desert?" Harry frowned.

"No." We both said at the same time.

"Let's go home." I said. He nodded and the Alley vanished right before my eyes.