Chapter thirty eight

James' P.O.V.
Being the new Minister of Magic was exhausting. There was no break for me, and I barely got to spend time with Lily and Harry anymore. When I was about to open another file of a case to go through, my son burst into my office.

"Harry? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Hermione and Draco's gone!" His eyes showed panic.

"You don't know where they are?"

"We do. This note was left in the room Hermione was staying in. We still don't know who did it though."
It read:
If you ever want to see her again...well you won't! But just to torture you we'll tell you where we are. Malfoy Manor. There is no way in I assure you. You can hear the melodious screams from outside if you want to stop by!
-BL

"Let's go Harry." I grabbed his hand and apparated back to the Burrow. The whole family was gathered around the kitchen table. Including Draco's mom. Bills brow was furrowed trying to figure out a way to get around all types of protective enchantments.

"Let me see the note again Harry." Narcissa said. She re-read it, then froze.

"What?!" Everyone exclaimed.

"I think I know who's taken her...but she died didn't she?" she muttered.

"Who?" We all asked again.

"My sister. Bellatrix Lestrange. But it doesn't make sense. You killed her didn't you Molly?" Molly nodded.

"It doesn't matter if we can't get in. We can at least try! Let's go!" I shouted. We all grabbed hands and apparated. Surely enough, there were screams. Cautiously I approached the sign that said the enchantments were with Bill at my side. After a long time pacing back and forth I furrowed my brow. I did a few spells but nothing happened. I put a tentative foot forward not seeing or sensing anything. Nothing happened.

We started forward again when there was another sign that said "You've been fooled. Probably wasted a good few hours trying to figure it out!"

"Come on!" I shouted. Everyone raced forward and I opened the door. The hallway was clear and the last part of a cloak swished around the corner. I put my finger to my lips and we stepped forward heading closer and closer to the screams.

Peeking in I gasped at the sight. Someone with a mask was raising his wand and cast a spell at Hermione. "No! Expelliarmus!" I cried. It wasn't fast enough.

All of the adults started dueling with death eaters except for Harry who rushed over to Hermione. He screamed "Hermione!"

Looking out of the corner of my eye I gasped. She was drenched in blood. "Harry go! Take her to the hospital!" They disappeared. "Fred, George, and Sirius go look for Draco in the dungeons." I ordered. Quickly they left.

It didn't take that long to defeat the death eaters but Bellatrix got away. Racing down the stairs we found another huge crowd to fight. Casting spell after spell, one by one the death eaters dropped. We ran past and down the stairs. Fred and George were heading towards us with Draco who thankfully had less severe injuries. Again, we locked hands and apparated to Saint Mungos.

They put Draco on a bed quickly, and wheeled him away. Harry was gone probably in the same room as Hermione. The healers made us wait in chairs outside. Exhausted, I put my head on Lily's shoulder and closed my eyes.