Book 5⌇6. Go To Hell

Chapter 6 ∣  Go To Hell

-Eris

Cocky, arrogant, bastard.

Yep.

That about sums up Maverick as a whole.

It was a very good thing I had been able to steal the energy of the nurse while I was in the hospital because he never let anyone come near me.

The ass-hat did it on purpose to punish me for talking back to him. Well...he was a lot less scary when he wasn't threatening my life and it seemed I had overstepped an unseen boundary.

Well...technically...if he's a rogue vampire, even though he is a pureblood, he doesn't deserve respect in their society. Eh, I thought it is best if I listened to him a little better, as he appeared to be holding all the cards and refused to leave the strip club the entire night.

Brice had been pissed beyond belief and he thought I had done it on purpose, not having any requested "private sessions", made his wallet slightly lighter than he was used to. It was something he had become accustomed to, that's for sure.

He was, however, kind enough to let me off the hook tonight, as this was the very first time since he had taken ownership of the strip club, that this had happened.

"Seriously, Eris," Brice's figure loomed in front of the entrance, blocking me from leaving. I was exhausted, and I hadn't been able to recharge.

Stripping is tiring when you don't get to siphon energy from humans. I found myself internally groaning and wishing Maverick hadn't found me. He made my night a living hell and I was already thinking of ways I could possibly screw him over.

Nothing came to mind. Because, oh wait...that's right, he's a powerhouse pure blood rogue...I mentally slapped myself for even thinking I could outsmart him.

What could I do? Hide all the humans in the world from him so he couldn't feed?

Ha!

He'd probably get back at me right away and drain me. Yep, I'll just sit back and be quiet for now.

"I was just off my game tonight," I sighed, placing a hand on my forehead and feigning a headache. Brice seemed genuinely concerned for my well-being. Well, without me being one hundred percent, his well-being took a nose dive.

Brice grumbled before shaking his head, "Take the weekend off..."

"Wait, what?" I removed my hand from my face and glanced up into his eyes. He can't be serious? Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were the busiest nights and he needed me to pay his rent. "Y-you never let anyone have the weekend off."

"Don't make me regret my decision," Brice's face gazed away from mine as he looked up above the top of my head, "Besides...it looks like you are providing escort services now?"

What the fuck is he talking about?!

That's when Maverick's presence had revealed itself, uncloaking his aura as it consumed me. I'm really beginning to get tired of him being able to do that. I couldn't tell when he was around and then suddenly, he appears out of nowhere.

It was almost like he could be dematerialized whenever he wanted to.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," I shrugged my shoulders and motioned for Brice to step out of my way as my irritation continued to grow with my frustration.

Brice sidestepped from the entrance and shook his head in disbelief, "I really wish you weren't becoming a prostitute."

"I am NOT a prostitute!" I moved towards Brice, glaring at him as waves of electricity sparked from my skin, "I'm not some common whore! I don't fuck ever-..." I stopped myself mid-sentence, remembering that Brice had no idea what happened behind closed doors in the "private sessions".