Book 5⌇50. Bite Me I'm Yours

Chapter 50 ∣  Bite Me, I'm Yours

-Maverick

Her hips swayed ever so slightly, her long dark hair falling in front of her face while she towel-dried it. The steam rolled off her delicate skin, Eris' secondary towel wrapped firmly around her body as she attempted to dry every inch of her flesh after she had taken her shower. I couldn't bring my eyes away from her, the pull that drove me toward her was hard to resist, now that I knew she truly was meant for me.

I ran my right hand through my damp white hair, my eyes not wanting to leave her, but I wanted to make sure the pizza I had been baking would be ready. She loved it, and the last thing I needed was for it to burn. Everything seemed to have gone hurling by, running from Eris and attacking humans, wasn't something I was proud of and I'm glad she forced me to see what I was blinded by.

I was lucky she was here, not just for her, but she kept my sanity in check.

That fiery vixen...I will make her mine tonight, though, I'm not quite sure how that will work considering she isn't a vampire. I knew we would have to taste each other's blood, sealing our blood bond and allowing us to connect with each other...but Rook had mentioned that a sex demon bonds differently.

I'm not sure whether I should be nervous or intrigued.

If so, how would she even know? She was lied to from the very beginning...unless that demon side of hers knows and is impulsive...

Okay, now I'm nervous.

After bringing the cheese and pepperoni pizza out of the oven, I set it on the heating stone she had on one of the elements, keeping it warm, but reducing the cooking time. This was nice, this was familiar, and I really could get used to living a satisfying and reclusive life with her. The world outside of these walls didn't matter—Eris is my world.

Guilt hit me though, knowing we'd have to relocate, probably after the sunset. Hendrix and a good number of his pack members knew where Eris lived and if Zak and Rainier wanted to use her to get to me, I wouldn't allow them to take her from me. I'm not letting another soul lay a hand on her again, I won't watch her break again, it'll just destroy me.

I shook the inevitable separation we would have to make from this place. We could go wherever we wanted, wherever out hearts decided to take us as long as we are together, it doesn't matter.

"Maverick?" Eris' sweet voice echoed off the tiled walls of the bathroom, seeing her around the corner, she had put on soft sweatpants and a light burgundy tank top. Her dark hair was still damp, running her fingers through it as she made her way down the carpeted hallway, her bare feet making light sounds when she walked into the kitchen.

"Yes, love?" I responded, holding back the impulse to take that delicate body of hers and pin her against the kitchen wall.

I couldn't quite understand Eris' expression like she was hiding something.

"Uh—there's uh—something in the bedroom," she nervously stated, her eyes shifting as she played with the ends of her hair.

I leaned against the kitchen island countertop, arching an eyebrow and asking, "Really now? I don't remember seeing anything just a moment ago."

She rolled her eyes and huffed, "Can you just go check?"

What are you planning? You're not a very good liar.

I pushed away from the countertop, walking around her, but not before feeling the sparks from her skin, trying to jump from her body and touch me. Ignoring that want, I continued down the hallway, the door to the bedroom left slightly ajar.