Book 5⌇7. No, You're NOT Sleeping Over

Chapter 7 ∣  No, You're NOT Sleeping Over

-Maverick 

"I'll rip your soul from your body and shred it to pieces! You won't even make it to purgatory! No, you'll spend eternity in darkness! I fucking hate you!"

"Now, now, Keegan...your brother's slave may have killed him, and I know you want her soul just as much as I do. But I can think of a worse fate. I'd hate for her to get away with dying so easily. Instead, how about we-"

"Father," Keegan scowled at Eris, her wrists in chains as she wore a cinch black dress, the hem dilapidated and fragmented, just like she was. "I demand her life. She fucking stole my brother's!"

"No," his father replied, "Eris," he now directed his next comment towards her, "I'm banishing you from our dominion."

"W-w-what?" Eris' eyes filled with uncertainty.

"You will be sentenced to an immortal life on Earth...which shouldn't last that long since you cannot fend for yourself," Keegan's father seized her chains, tugging her towards him, "You'll be lucky if a vampire kills you within a week, because I doubt you'll enjoy your life very much."

"No!" Eris screamed.

Keegan walked behind her, taunting Eris as he trailed his hands up the sides of her body. His father turned her around, holding the chains above her head as she stared into the eyes of Keegan. I felt her fear, wishing she would have been killed instead of this punishment that was about to be bestowed upon her.

Eris' ear-splitting scream pierced my heart, Keegan's hand diving through her chest as his eyes altered to an electric blue. Her chest heaved up and down as he disengaged his hand from within her, holding a globe of aqua light within the center of his hand.

"W-what di-did you do to m-me?" Eris spoke softly, her weakened body collapsing to the floor as Keegan's father released her.

"When we mean banished," Keegan's father's laugh was evil, "You can't run and hide from the fate that awaits you on Earth."

"I can't recall..." Eris' voice was terrified, understanding the predicament she was in.

My eyes broadened in shock, prying my fangs from her neck and inspecting at her emotionless face.

I had always forced myself to split the link between someone's blood and their blood memories. For some odd reason, Eris' slipped right through, almost begging me to glimpse her life before she would die.

I was grateful for the link shattered and beckoned me through her blood.

She was rejected by her own kind for killing someone...

I guess in a sense, she's a rogue as well. She's been trying to get by and avoid getting caught at all costs.

"Eris..." for the first time in my life, I regretted almost killing someone. For the first time...I felt guilt, guilt for almost killing someone who appeared to have gone through a whole lot worse than I had in my life.

I hadn't seen any further back into her past, and I was curious as to why she killed someone, let alone standing in chains before her two judges.

Yea, I had my own demons to face...and one day I would confront them, but right now, hers seemed to haunt her more than mine did.

The hold I had on her wrists disappeared, catching her body as she fell sideways.

"Shit," I knelt on the ground, glancing at the puncture marks on her neck.