Book 5⌇31. Can You Keep Up?

Chapter 31 ∣  Can You Keep Up?

-Maverick

"One more," Eris' eyes flickered at me, briefly glimmering with that demonic electric blue before flashing back to her stunning emerald green.

"Not on your life," the smug look I gave her was enough for her to narrow her eyes and hiss at me. Oh, I'm so very scared of the lustful succubus. Please, try me, sweetheart.

Eris sat on the bar stool, sitting on the tops of her hands as she swiveled it from side to side, gazing at me intently with a somewhat innocent look. Honey, you are far from that, who are you trying to fool? Arching an eyebrow at her, I turned on the stool I was sitting, leaning my left elbow on the countertop and placing the side of my face against my knuckles.

"What?" I asked, the look she was giving me was slightly off-putting and I wasn't exactly...entirely sure what the effects of alcohol had on her. So far, it appeared she was acting like a five-year-old that had their favorite toy taken away from them. Still, it was quite amusing to watch her, regardless of the alcohol or not, it was nice to see her loosening up and enjoying herself.

"Well..." her voice trailed off, glancing at the bottles behind the bar and then turning her smirking face back to me, "If you won't let me drink anymore, you drink one for me!"

There were a million reasons why I wouldn't drink, and only one of them concerned her. I was here to watch over her, that was it. Aside from the simple fact that I don't drink, period—I was the designated 'driver'...I guess?

"I don't drink, Eris," I sighed, lifting the side of my face away from my knuckles, scanning the room as the neon lights flickered on and off, strobes filling the room every now and then.

"That's no fun..." she pouted, "Why not?"

Turning my attention back to her, I stated firmly, "I don't drink. End of discussion."

"Fucking ass-hat...go bite someone..." she mumbled under her breath, standing to her feet and then almost swaying back to her seat. Quickly raising up, I caught her, but she wouldn't have anything to do with me, shrugging me off. Spinning around in my arms she pointed her finger against my chest and growled, "You ain't getting lucky tonight..." she poked my chest harder.

"Oh really?" I chuckled, she was funny when she was tipsy, "Who said I wanted to get lucky anyway?"

Her eyes widened and she gasped, "Well then, I'll go fuck someone else."

"You do that, sweetheart," it was so hard to keep a straight face, her temper flaring and then reigning in as soon as very attractive human female strode right past us. Eris' eyes were drawn away from me, her eyes following the human with lust. It was hard not to stare, as the human wore a very tight black leather mini skirt and a red and white halter top. As if taunting every rogue in here, her light brown hair was drawn back away from her neck and braided down her back. The black heels she wore could easily be heard over the music, her very presence drawing attention from many...including my vixen.

The fuck you think you're going?!

Eris had slowly wandered away from me, following the human as she weaved her way through a heavy crowd. I had to control myself, knowing she needed to take energy and it appeared, that this human would be her target. What I could get angry about though, was practically every vampire laying eyes on Eris and not the human anymore. If given the chance, they'd all go for her, but that energy she was radiating was probably enough to ward off any stray vampires that were stupid enough to get close to her. She couldn't seduce them, but she had a mean right hook and enough strength to break bones with that demonic strength backing her up now.