Book 5⌇32. Your Will Is Weak

Chapter 32 ∣  Your Will Is Weak

-Eris

No, no, no... stop this. Just leave me alone.

I already knew what Maverick was thinking, he more than likely thought I was sick. He would be very wrong. I wasn't sick. Through astral projections, the incubus was manipulating and playing with my mind. Erotic images flooded through my head and the sole cause for my body weakening was the very real need to fight back. It was hard, attempting to block him from my subconscious was a much tougher fight than I thought it would be.

He's powerful...dominating my will appears to be exactly what he is after.

Oh, Maverick...even you can't stop him. Physically, possibly. How do you stop someone from invading your mind? I'm not his beloved, he can't enter my thoughts and protect me with his own will...

I'm truly alone.

Physically, Maverick held me with his strong arms, excusing himself from Juliet and slowly walking with me under his arm. As we neared an unoccupied dark leather chair, Maverick lowered himself, turning me delicately in his arms and holding me across his lap. My arms were now around his neck, my right cheek resting against his chest.

"Maverick?" I whispered through gritted teeth.

"Eris...what's wrong?" He asked gently.

I knew this was just the incubus' first step, playing with my mind. The next phase would more than likely break me, and I couldn't let him get that far.

"Help me...please help me," I begged him. It was useless, but I just wanted him to save me as he had with Declan.

"Sweetheart, just tell me how," Maverick was sincere, "If you're feeling sick, we can leave. I can take you back home and you can sleep."

"NO!" I practically yelled at him, "No. Do NOT let me fall asleep. I'm not sick. He's playing with my mind and I'm using every bit of strength I must fend him off. It isn't enough, Maverick...please make it stop!"

I felt bad about lashing out at him when this wasn't even his fault and there was nothing he could do.

Maverick tensed beneath of me, his hold tightening before stating, "I know of one being who could possibly help you."

"Who? Who are they?" Was there really someone who could help me? How did Maverick know of such a person?

Maverick nodded and rose from the chair while he continued to hold me, "His name, is Rook."

"How do you know him?" He took two steps away from the chair and as if the incubus knew what Maverick was planning, I felt his touches. That undeniable feeling of his hands clutching my thighs, running them up to my hips as he dug his nails into my skin, my gasp audible.

Maverick stopped, gazing down at me. I could barely see his features, my eyes fluttering shut and then straining to open as a moan passed my lips. The hands continued to graze up my sides, both cupping and squeezing my breasts firmly. A warmth that had been radiating off my skin, began to pool in my core, familiar wetness collecting between my folds.

"Eris..." Maverick's voice was uneasy as he smelt the obvious, tears slowly making their way down the corners of my eyes and over my cheeks. I can't deal with this; I want my complete fucking soul back.

I gripped hard onto Maverick's shirt and whispered, "Please, put me down."

"Are you-"

"Just do it..." I begged him, cutting him off mid-sentence.