Chapter 9- Cuts

Poppy's POV

Everyone was sitting on the bleachers, watching the bookball game, which it was their first game with their two newest members, Ramona and Chase. The team was up against, the team from the beast school, which means fangs, and razor sharp claws, I hope Sparrow will be alright. This time Sparrow didn't spend the whole time on the bench and actually played, since he knew I watching and was trying to impress me. I watched as Daring passed to Cerise who zoomed down the field, but the beasts were just as fast tackled her to the ground, the referee then blew his whistle, as the teams huddled up. I looked over at Darling who had a worried look on her face, "Darling are you alright." "Yeah its just I'm worried about Chase" she whispered. I smiled "Darling do you have a crush on Chase," she blushed "Maybe," "You know, you can tell me, I won't judge you, I mean I'm dating Sparrow after all." But before we could talk more, we heard a whistle, we looked at the field, the game was back on and Chase had just intercepted the bookball, while one of the huge beast players came charging at him, the beast then raised it paw ready to strike Chase when Sparrow came out of nowhere and pushed him out of the way, then its claws sliced down Sparrow's arm, leaving angry red marks. Everyone gasped, I was shocked and then I ran as fast as I could to the infirmary.             

Sparrow's POV

I saw Chase was about to clawed, so I ran and pushed him out of the way but got myself sliced in the process, they lifted me off the field and brought me to the infirmary, where they cleaned and bandaged my arm then Poppy came in "Hey princess" I smirked. "You big idiot, what were you thinking" she screamed and I could see tears in the corners of her eyes, she then hugged me and started crying into my chest. I held her with my good arm and murmured "Its ok princess, I'm not going leave you" she then looked at me teary eyed and kissed me.

Poppy's POV

After Sparrow reassured me that he'd be fine alone, I decided to go to Village Book End and get him a get better soon gift. That's when I saw some of beast players, including the one who attacked Sparrow, they looked happy, I guess they won the game. So I marched up to them "What do you want" the huge one snarled. "You attacked my boyfriend during the game" and the huge one just laughed "You mean that pretty boy, wimp was able to score a girl like you, why don't you get with a real man, like me" then he put his arm around me, while I just elbowed him in the stomach "Please he's more of a man and hero then you'll ever be" I then headed on my way hearing growls behind me. I figured I go to the muse-ic store to get Sparrow a gift, when I got there I saw Melody. "Hey Melody" I greeted, "Oh sup Poppy, how's Sparrow" "He's alright, that's why I'm here actually, I came to get him a get well soon gift." Melody then helped me pick out a pair of headphones for him. Once I got back Sparrow was asleep, I didn't mind, since the nurse said that he should rest, so I just sat at the edge of the bed and started stroking his hair.