Chapter 14- Daddy Issues

Sparrow's POV

Great my dad wants to meet Poppy, great just great at least she was excited even if I wasn't. So we were headed off in a carriage to my families house during the ride Poppy noticed that I wasn't talking so she asked "Sparrow, aren't you excited to see your dad" "Yeah I guess" I sighed while I stared out the window. Once we got there I saw my dad standing outside waiting for us, he then kissed Poppy hand and said "Its a pleasure to meet you, Poppy" I just rolled my eyes "Can we just go inside, please" my dad gave me a weird look but agreed. We sitting in the living room when my dad started asking Poppy questions to get to know her better "So Poppy tell me a little about yourself" "Well I'm a hair stylist, I've been doing to since I was little, I work in the Tower Hair Salon, actually" "Interesting, you know I was quite surprise my son was able to win a girl like you over" she giggled while I just crossed my arms and snorted.  

Poppy's POV          

Sparrow's dad is so kind and understanding, way more understanding than my mom. We were having a nice time but Sparrow was just sitting there with his arms crossed and rolled his eyes at everything his dad said but it looked like I wasn't the only one that noticed his attitude since his dad asked "That's it Sparrow, I want to know why your acting like this and I want to understand why you've come resent me so much" Sparrow then stood up and narrowed his eyes "You want to know why, because you were never around." He then stormed off and I followed after him.        

Sparrow's POV

I went into the forest and found a rock to sit on when I heard something behind me, it was Poppy "I'm sorry I blew up back there" she then sat down with me "Its ok, I just want to know why you didn't tell me about your dad" I sighed "I was embarrassed" "You know I wouldn't have judged you, right I mean me and my mom don't have the best relationship either" "I know its just, I had a nightmare awhile back, in it I followed my destiny, you became my Maid Marian, we even had a kid but since I was a wanted man, I became just like my father, leaving you and my own kid behind." Poppy then wrapped her arms around me, kissed my cheek and said "Its okay, we can choose our own destinies now, so you don't have to become your dad" I then wrapped my arms around her and kissed her.