Chapter 4 Why Couldn't He...? (James' P.O.V.)

"You go first," I tell Logan.

He puts on his helmet and starts the engine. I follow him.

Me and the guys are close to Logan till we enter the highway. Three cars overtake us, getting right between my car and Logan's motorcycle.

"Can you, please, remind me why Logan couldn't go with us by car?" Carlos asks.

"Nessie promised to go on a motorcycle ride with him," I reply. "Duh, that's why."

"Oh... But she thinks motorcycles are dangerous, doesn't she?" Kendall asks, frowning.

"Yeah, you're right," I reply. "I guess she's doing this only because she loves Logan."

"Logan's so lucky..." Carlos says. "None of his ex-girlfriends seemed to care for him as much as Nessie."

"Man, she's more than his girlfriend!" I exclaim, smiling. "They got engaged!"

"Yep, I know," Carlos tells me.

One of the cars in front of us overtakes Logan's brilliant vehicle.

"I still don't get why Logan coaxed Nessie into having this ride straight from the airport," Carlos says.

"It was his idea," I say. "You know how stubborn Logan is... Nessie tried to make him change his mind and guess what... Nothing! He's so determined..."

Another car overtakes Logan, we're getting closer to him.

"Yep, I see your point..." Carlos sighs. "So, we'll see if Nessie keeps her promise..."

We're silent for a few minutes.

Suddenly, there's a loud bang in front of us. The third car hit Logan's motorcycle. Our friend is thrown in the air and, after rotating for a while, he falls down outside the road.

"WATCH OUT!" the guys yell, terrified.

I apply the brake as quickly and forcefully as I can. I close my eyes...

.