Chapter 8 Paralyzed... (Logan's P.O.V.)

I open my eyes slowly, my vision is still a bit blurry. My back aches...

"Where am I?" I ask myself, sounding pretty incomprehensible.

Then I realize someone's holding my right hand and caressing it softly. I look to my right side.

"Nessie, Sweetheart..." I can't believe my now clear-cut vision. I smile at my love weakly, trying to rise.

"Please, don't," she puts her hand on my arm, making me fall back on what seems to be a comfortable bed. "You really should be lying down, Honey. Trust me."

"Where are we? And... What happened?" I ask her.

"We're in hospital, Logan. You had an accident yesterday," she sighs, looking in my eyes.

"Yesterday? How come, Baby?" I ask. "I was just going to pick you up from the airport, Honey. The guys went with me, James took his car. Where are they?"

"They're waiting outside. In fact, they were here, in your room, a few minutes ago," she tells me.

"Oh," I reply. "Never mind. So I had an accident,huh? This explains the pain in my back."

"You had a surgery yesterday. The doctor said your injuries were minor," Nessie answers calmly.

"Anyway, I still don't get it," I say, trying to recall what happened. "I was riding my motorcycle 'cause you promised me a ride back home, remember?" Nessie nods her head a little. "Oh... Now I remember... I think a car must have hit me from behind. All I know is I was thrown in the air and my vision got blurry... I don't recall anything more at all."

"You were lucky the guys followed you. They took care of everything," Nessie says, smiling.

"James brought you here?" I ask.

"Yep, it was him," she replies. "All the guys came here to get to know how you were."

"I guess I need to thank them," I smile. "I'm happy to see you safe and sound, Nessie. At least I kept my promise."

There's a knock on the door. A doctor comes in, closing the door behind him.

"Hello, Mr. Henderson," he greets me. "I'm glad to see you awake."

"Hello, doctor," I reply, not even knowing his name.

"We need to examine you more thoroughly, Mr. Henderson," the doctor continues. "May I excuse you, Miss Nessie?"

"Yes, of course," Nessie says and leaves the room. "I'll wait for you, my Honey."

A male nurse comes in with a wheelchair and takes me to a different room. The doctor uses a strange machine to examine my muscles or at least it's what he tells me. Then I'm taken back to my room and laid in the bed. Luckily, Nessie's allowed to come in.

"How was it?" she asks me.

"Kinda weird," I answer and describe the whole process. "We have to wait for the results, I guess."

There's a knock on the door again. In comes the doctor, holding a small notebook.

"Can I ask you some questions, Mr. Henderson?" his face is expressionless.

"Can my fiancée stay?" I ask, not wanting Nessie to leave me.

"Yes, I think so," the doctor says, smiling lightly.

He then touches my arms and legs, asking me if I can feel his touch. For me, it's weird, of course I feel his touch.

Next, I'm asked to move my arms and legs. I can move my arms easily, but when I try to move my legs... I realize I can't.

I look the doctor straight in the eyes, trembling.

"Why I can't move my legs, doctor? What's going on with me?" I ask him.

Nessie takes my hand in her.

"I'm sorry to say this, Mr. Henderson," he replies. "But you're paralyzed. Your results, luckily, confirmed it's only a temporary paralysis. It'll take you a few weeks of rehabilitation or so to recover, but it's  not gonna be easy."

My heart stops for a while. I feel tears in my eyes.

The doctor looks  at Nessie and me knowingly.

"I'll leave you alone. However, please don't take long, Miss Nessie. Your fiancé needs to have a rest."

As he leaves, Nessie looks at me and sighs.

"So I'm paralyzed..." I whisper, a single tear rolls down my cheek.