Chapter 26 Promise Me? I'll Be Saving My Love For You...(Logan's P.O.V.)

I check my e-mail and there are the pics from Carlos I've been waiting for. I scroll down...

My heart drops.

I can't believe!

Among the pics there's this one taken in hospital. It shows Nessie sleeping innocently right on James' shoulder!

What the heck!!! They took advantage of my accident to cuddle together!!! That's so mean!!! How could they???

Walking on one crutch, I go to the kitchen. There's still a bottle of wine left since Nessie's barbecue birthday party... It's a good one - strong, red and semi-dry... Nessie's favorite Californian wine, mine too... Good to be home all alone... A few drops will do me good, I think...

As I drink, I think about James and Nessie. My wife-to-be with my best friend...

I get lost in drinking, I notice I drunk like three quarters of the bottle...

The doorbell rings.

Walking on one crutch, I get up and leave the kitchen, with the bottle in my free hand.

I feel dizzy.

Suddenly I fall on the floor, the bottle flies and breaks near the front door.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The door opens. James and his older brother Philip rush towards me.

"LOGAN! You okay?" James asks me.

I take  him by his shirt, pulling him down.

"NO, I'M NOT!" I yell, furious. "YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT, YOU IDIOT!"

"What happened, Loges?" he asks me.

"YOU... YOU KNOW NESSIE CHEATED ON ME, CAUSE SHE CHEATED ON ME WITH YOU, EX-FRIEND! YOU DIDN'T TELL ME, YOU THOUGHT I WOULDN'T FIND OUT, RIGHT, HUH? I'M NOT THIS STUPID, YOU KNOW?"

"Logan, please, calm down," Philip says.

"NO, NEVER!" I yell, trying to prevent him from separating me from his younger brother.

I feel weaker and weaker, though. I slowly let go of James.

"I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU, JAMES, REMEMBER," I say slowly.

"Shhh, calm down, Loges, calm down," Philip speaks quietly. "No one should see you like this, here, let me help you get to your room and relax," he stretches out his right arm in my direction.

I sigh and let him take me upstairs and to my room.

Philip helps me lie down on my bed comfortably.

"Please, try to relax, I'll check up on you in a while," he tells me, leaving the room.

After a few minutes I hear footsteps approaching my room pretty hurriedly.

"Logan! How are you? What happened?" Nessie enters my room, looking terrified.

"I know why James is gonna fly with you to Poland tonight," I say, angrily.

"Oh, James is gonna meet Dinah's parents, I know," she says, taking a seat on my bed and caressing my hand. "I know you'll be missing me, I'll be missing you too, Honey," she says, then starts to sing.

"You light up another cigarette and I pour the wine

It's four o'clock in the morning and it's starting to get light
Now I'm right where I want to be, losing track of time
But I wish that it was still last night

You look like you're in another world but I can read your mind
How can you be so far away, lying by my side
When I go away I'll miss you and I will be thinking of you
Every night and day

Just promise me you'll wait for me
'Cause I'll be saving all my love for you
And I will be back soon
Promise me you'll wait for me

I need to know you feel the same way too
And I'll be back, I'll be back  soon

When I go away I'll miss you and I will be thinking of you
Every night and day

Just promise me you'll wait for me

'Cause I'll be saving all my love for you
And I will be back  soon
Promise me you'll wait for me
I need to know you feel the same way too

And I'll be back, I'll be back
Promise me you'll wait for me
'Cause I'll be saving all my love for you
And I will be back soon

Promise me you'll wait for me
I need to know you feel the same way too
And I'll be back, I'll be back soon"

"Promise you? After what you did to me, really?"I ask her.

"What do you mean?" she replies with a question.

"You cheated on me with James! HOW COULD YOU?" I yell loudly. "It's over, Nessie. Leave me alone."

Her eyes are filled with tears.

"Fine, then!" she shouts, gets up and slams the door behind her.

I feel more and more dizzy...

I wake up at 8 PM. My head aches...

"What did you do?" asks Presley, standing by me. "She didn't cheat on you, silly. No one knew Carlos had taken this stupid pic. James and Nessie were just asleep, they woke up in this position. It wasn't planned. Dinah knows that. How could you send away such a loving girl? She deserves better."

"What did I do?" I ask myself, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Could you do me a favor?" I ask Pres.

She nods slowly.

"Could you record me?" I ask. "It's the only way to win her back, sis."

"Okay, I'm ready," she signals, confused.

"I know you probably won't want to hear me out after what I had said... I was wrong. You were taking care of me since my accident and I was stupid enough to think you and James... I'm terribly sorry, Nessie, would you ever forgive me? This song's for you, my Sweetheart."

Having said that, I pick up my guitar and start a song, putting all my heart in it.

Click.

Click once again.

MY VIDEO'S SENT.